2900gt @ $169.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100213 Radeon HD 2900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - OEM

Another silent release from ATI!

Talk about a good budget card! Don't be surprised to see these go to $139.99 soon enough. 14000+ 3DMark 2006 score in Crossfire.:cool: But an 8800GT will do the same for cheaper, with less heat and power-consumption and is single slot, and you'd need a Crossfire board anyway, so yeah... but a lot of people will pick one up if their budget is tight for single-card systems.

I scored 18k in SLI and 14k with a single 8800GT.

I dunno, I've seen 8800GT's only do about 11-12K in 3dmark06. You overclocked?

Heheheh, I'm just trying to say something good about ATI for once and you have to ruin it :D

Nah, in all seriousness though, that's a good $80 to $100 difference to the 8800GT and it performs better than an 8600GTS so, it's the card of choice for in-between an 8600GTS and an 8800GT. It's in a good place I think to become a popular card.

finally a good card under $200 with DX10, but HD 3800 coming next couple days, you won't be hearing about these for much long.

ATI/AMD just wants to get rid of their R600 chip stock, so they've put out underclocked versions (the 2900PRO) and neutered versions (2900GT) that make use of R600 chips that failed to be 2900XT/PROs. I'm sure these will sell very well for budget-minded people and it will give ATI the chance to profit from gimped R600 chips.

Well the same can be said for nvidia. The supposed revamped GTS is just a way for nvidia to dispose of their now obsolete g80 cores. And of course im overclocked, thats like asking me if i drive the speed limit with no cops around. :)

Well the same can be said for nvidia. The supposed revamped GTS is just a way for nvidia to dispose of their now obsolete g80 cores. And of course im overclocked, thats like asking me if i drive the speed limit with no cops around. :)

lol, sorry, should've of known :)

but, the 8800GT and the soon-to-be-released 8800GTS V2 are G92-cores last I heard, not G80's ;)

Which is kinda weird really, that Nvidia would do that, but I'm guessing their commercial success has left them with little chip overstock to release clocked-down/neutered versions of their card, although, they did do that initially rather than later on (as ATI did) with the 320GTS, 640GTS, GTX and of course ULTRA on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom