2700+ amd Athlon XP appears as a 2100+?

shneeko6

Solid State Member
well, i have another problem. i just bought a 2700+ xp athlon, but when i go into my bios/computer properties...it shows as a 2100+ running at 1.75ghz, instead of the 2.17ghz its supposed to be.
now this is the first time ive ever installed a processor, did i miss a step? all i did was just switch them out and rebooted.

thanks.

is your proccesor an amd athlon xp-m or amd athlon xp? also could you be using an ASUS motherboard?

Update the drrovers for your motherboard or flash the Bios, your mobo bios/drivers are probably old and need an update, that should make it read correctly, had the same problem with Barton 2500 once.

ok, so i just went to the website for my bios, and they made me run a program and call them.

turns out they want to charge me 59.99$ for new bios? what the hell?

go to the motherboard manufacturer's website, thy should have them there for free, I doubt that they could charge you $60.00 if anything for simple drivers. if you can get them from the mobo manufacturers site, then just get the model number off your mobo and put that number into google and put drivers after it in the google searchbar
(Example: MS-k7n2 Delta Drivers)
paying for drivers and bios? thats a scam and a half. maybe they want you to pay them to come out and flash the bios for you?

Back
Top Bottom