2600$ phone bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfrickinfa

Baseband Member
ok....my gf is out of town and so we talk on da fone.......she just got her cell phone bill for the month of june...and the bill is 2600$(not 260)......the service provider is verizon........any ways to negociate with them to lower the cost?.......she has 2 months to pay it...and she doesnt have a job...(shes 15)........any ways to negociate with the phone company?...mabye i can ask them to bump her up to unlimited...and idunno if thatll work because these phone companies just want money but........PLEASAE helpppppppppp

I think the most those companies can do is let you figure out a way of payment over time, but they shut off your phone until its paid.
If you bump her up to unlimited, it won't take effect until after you pay this month's bill.
So, she'll just need to call their customer service and work out a payment method to get her bill paid.

are thereany ways to......''threaten''.,.,,,as in like tell them that ur gonna boycott them and tell all your friends and make a bad name for them and thell like....idunno what im saying i just want to help her:(

bigfatfrickinfa said:
ok....my gf is out of town and so we talk on da fone.......she just got her cell phone bill for the month of june...and the bill is 2600$(not 260)......the service provider is verizon........any ways to negociate with them to lower the cost?.......she has 2 months to pay it...and she doesnt have a job...(shes 15)........any ways to negociate with the phone company?...mabye i can ask them to bump her up to unlimited...and idunno if thatll work because these phone companies just want money but........PLEASAE helpppppppppp

How the **** did she run up that kind of a phone bill?

bigfatfrickinfa said:
are thereany ways to......''threaten''.,.,,,as in like tell them that ur gonna boycott them and tell all your friends and make a bad name for them and thell like....idunno what im saying i just want to help her:(

You can do that, but they're still gonna want your money.
You can't just run up a HUGE bill like that and then walk away from it not expecting to pay somehow.

ya...this a bad example but every 4 years my library has a thing of where if you returnedyor books late or havent returned them because youre afraid youre gonna owe like a lot(some old ladies brought back books from nearly half a century ago).......well they let you return them for free......i know bad example

ok......verizon has a thing that if you pass your limit....idunno 1000minutes it costs 45c a minute long distance.....+thetext messaging and ya...sadly it all adds upp

bigfatfrickinfa said:

lol - are you kidding me?

Bottomline is this: Sorry for being so frank.

You're girlfriend out of pure stupidity used her cell phone service far beyond it's plan. I really can't believe that the bill was $2600 dollars.
If you do the math, Verisons worst plan offers 400 anytime minutes with free nights and weekends after 9:00pm. Additional minutes are .45C

So $2600 / .45 = 5777.77 total minutes. or some where in the range of 4.2 straight days or an average of 3hrs a day over 30 days.

Now... First of all I blame her parents for allowing her to have a cellphone at 15 and not regulating the amount of time she uses it or having an account maximum usage put on it. I guess if these calls were international from the cellphone the per/minute would be much more expensive. But, still red flags should go up, alarms should be sounding in someones head saying, "Hey, this is going to cost a buttload of money and I don't have a job." How am I going to pay for it? "Typical Teenager would say, "Who cares."

It boils down to a serious lack or responsibility on her part.

They do make such things as "CALLING CARDS" were you get a couple hundred minutes for $5.00. Or there is also a PC software called, "Skype" that allows you to talk for free PC to PC or PC to landline for like a fraction of a cent a minute. Even international calls are like .023C per minute.

So... Basically... either she figures out a way to pay the bill or the phone gets shut off and they take the account holder, "which isn't her at 15" and turn them over to collections and tarnish their credit and call them 30 times a month looking for money...

$2600 cell phone bill... That's just... plain dumb.

HAVOC2k5 said:
lol - are you kidding me?

Bottomline is this: Sorry for being so frank.

You're girlfriend out of pure stupidity used her cell phone service far beyond it's plan. I really can't believe that the bill was $2600 dollars.
If you do the math, Verisons worst plan offers 400 anytime minutes with free nights and weekends after 9:00pm. Additional minutes are .45C

So $2600 / .45 = 5777.77 total minutes. or some where in the range of 4.2 straight days or an average of 3hrs a day over 30 days.

Now... First of all I blame her parents for allowing her to have a cellphone at 15 and not regulating the amount of time she uses it or having an account maximum usage put on it. I guess if these calls were international from the cellphone the per/minute would be much more expensive. But, still red flags should go up, alarms should be sounding in someones head saying, "Hey, this is going to cost a buttload of money and I don't have a job." How am I going to pay for it? "Typical Teenager would say, "Who cares."

It boils down to a serious lack or responsibility on her part.

They do make such things as "CALLING CARDS" were you get a couple hundred minutes for $5.00. Or there is also a PC software called, "Skype" that allows you to talk for free PC to PC or PC to landline for like a fraction of a cent a minute. Even international calls are like .023C per minute.

So... Basically... either she figures out a way to pay the bill or the phone gets shut off and they take the account holder, "which isn't her at 15" and turn them over to collections and tarnish their credit and call them 30 times a month looking for money...

$2600 cell phone bill... That's just... plain dumb.

wow...that gave me a laugh.....what can i say she loves me :p
but seriously i know.....i know she knows that her mom knew that we was talking on da fone too much.....but idunno what to say....any verizon ppl in this forum......??...who could convince verizon to.....idunno offer discounts to girlfriends of tech-forum members....?:p

okay.........how the **** do u talk for $2600!!?!?!?!?!?!? that is NUTS! and yes havok Skype DOES RULE! its a great quality program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom