260 vs 295?

How am I being a fanboy when I'm telling him to first get a new monitor and them the card? If you actually knew a decent amount about computers, you would agree with me. I've recommended the 4870 as much as the Core 216. So, please. Don't tell me I'm being a fanboy when I'm only basing all of my suggestion on facts.

wow, i guess i just lost all respect i ever had in you, and dont tell me your not a 260 fanboy, because you are rohan, dont be ignorant, you are ok

1. You are always talking about it
2. You are always defending it
3. You know everything about the dang thing

sorry but thats called being a fanboy, watch i bet you 70% he will go with a 295, i know grant, i know what he wants.

Too bad that 295 won't perform any better than a Core 216 at that resolution.
He's never going to fully utilize it running it the way he's going to. I'm just trying to save this man some money and getting him as much as possible for his dollar. I'm one of the few people on this site that talks people out of getting hardware they're never really going to need. A lot of people have thanked me for it.
This. WTF people?

The size of your monitor should be the main factor in choosing a GPU.
A 295 for a 19" LCD, you can't be serious...

How am I being a fanboy when I'm telling him to first get a new monitor and them the card? If you actually knew a decent amount about computers, you would agree with me. I've recommended the 4870 as much as the Core 216. So, please. Don't tell me I'm being a fanboy when I'm only basing all of my suggestion on facts.
I feel your pain, Rohan. And I agree with you 100%.

wow, i guess i just lost all respect i ever had in you, and dont tell me your not a 260 fanboy, because you are rohan, dont be ignorant, you are ok

1. You are always talking about it
2. You are always defending it
3. You know everything about the dang thing

sorry but thats called being a fanboy, watch i bet you 70% he will go with a 295, i know grant, i know what he wants.

Congratulations! You have just won the award of the least competent person on Computer Forums!

So, when someone comes and asks for an Nvidia card that performs well for it's price range, I'm not going to recommend the Core 216 which costs so much less than a GTX 280 and performs just as well? The GTX 295 is only a card required at extremely high resolutions. The minimum resolution they run it at in benchmarks is 1900x1200. So, why do you recommend this card again? Not only will a Core 216 pretty much match the 295 at the resolution he is running, it might actually just beat it.

Pricing isn't really an issue, I just don't want to spend more than I should really need to. So I figured I'd get some opinions from others.

I can tell you really know this guy really well.

Core 216 SLI Specs

Shader Clock: 1445 MHz
Memory Clock: 994 MHz (1988 DDR)
Memory Bandwidth: 222.6 GB/sec
FLOPS: 583.2 GFLOPS
Pixel Fill Rate: 32256 MPixels/sec
Texture Fill Rate: 82944 MTexels/sec

Single GTX 295 Setup
Shader Clock: 1242 MHz
Memory Clock: 999 MHz (1998 DDR)
Memory Bandwidth: 223.776 GB/sec
FLOPS: 1788.48 GFLOPS
Pixel Fill Rate: 32256 MPixels/sec
Texture Fill Rate: 92160 MTexels/sec

As you can see, a dual Core 216 setup doesn't trail all that much behind to begin with. With the new 55nm cards being able to overclock very well, he can easily hit a 670 Core Clock with a 1100 Memory Clock no problem.

Core 216 SLI OC

Shader Clock: 1445 MHz
Memory Clock: 1104 MHz (2208 DDR)
Memory Bandwidth: 247.2 GB/sec
FLOPS: 1872.72 GFLOPS
Pixel Fill Rate: 37576 MPixels/sec
Texture Fill Rate: 96624 MTexels/sec

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3408&p=4

The Core 216 is 4.3 FPS away from the GTX 280 at 1900x1200.

Now check out the 280 from the 295.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-295,2107-4.html

Hmm, beginning to see where I'm coming from?

Even though it's a different test system, it won't trail all that much behind. As you can see Tech*Master*, I kind of know what I'm talking about.

I dont really see how insulting someone is going to get anyone anywhere and yea i actually do know him more than you and he wants that 295 a lot which is why im recommending it.

Did he say he wanted a screen, NO. I believe he says pricing is not an issue so you need to kinda chill out on that whole area.

Also the *TECH*master stands for techno, you know the music ? Their is also a band that goes by the name of Techmaster PEB, see where im coming from?

Also i know you know more about computers than me, sorry i dont sit at home every day reading up on this stuff.

Anyways im done argueing with you, just gonna stop before all the haters come rushing in and giving me bad rep for doing nothing wrong

I agree with Rohan and Worshipme. At that resolution, a 295 and a 260 will be a waste of money.

OK this is going to be my final post on this matter because the OP hasn't even posted since the 3rd post of this thread. But honestly techmaster you calling anyone a fan boy about their card is just absurd because every post about a GPU you talk about the 295 so in my book that makes you a fanboy as well. Also if you know him so well why did he make a thread about it asking for others opinions and not just ask you. Probably because he knows your answer get the 295. Now why not actually help out the OP and tell him that card is way to overpowerful for that monitor he is running.

Honestly though @ OP if you really wanna toss away the money on either of those setups go with the 295 because 1 card that is as powerful as 2 makes more sense in the long run. There is no point in SLI'ing 2 cards to equal the power of 1 card now. Just get the 295 and SLI it later if you want.

And if money isn't an object here than why not get the 295 and a new monitor while your at it?

never said i wasnt a fanboy and no he did ask, he said 2 260's or 1 295, i said 295 of course cause those are the 2 choices i got. Even if i did know someone a lot and they told me to get something i would still go out to a forum and ask people before i drop down $500 into a product(s) to see if their would be anything better I didnt say i know him A LOT, i said i know him more than probably anyone posting here.

And their you go Poker you do agree with me, 2x core 216's or a 295, ofcourse the 295 which is what i have been going by the whole time im posting, he obviously does not a monitor, he wants a 295 or a 260 sli setup. The 295 would be wiser choice to go with

The 295 would be wiser choice to go with

I disagree. At that low of a resolution, it'll just be a waste of power. Even if he is just asking between two specific cards, we can still provide suggestions to what we think is a wiser use of his money.

lol your disagreeing on me that a 295 would be wiser than a core 216 sli setup, lol ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...... ok

Yes I am, and for good reason. Buying 295 for a low-resolution monitor is like trying to race a Lamborghini around a race track on spare tires. The power is there, but you aren't using it to it's full potential. He could spend that $600 on both a monitor and video card and be MUCH better off.

Back
Top Bottom