25 Technologies That Changed the Decade

802.11g had enough speed for transfering files, but 802.11n really killed 802.11g in transfer speeds.

[offtopic]
I set up four 802.11n MIMO routers at school, on a gigabit switch, then put four 802.11n cards on a single computer, bridged them, and behold, wireless gigabit networking. kills standard 802.11n without a doubt.
[/offtopic]

Shows how great N is.

lhuser said:
802.11g had enough speed for transfering files, but 802.11n really killed 802.11g in transfer speeds.
N isn't really a massively consumed standard yet though, it was the jump to g that changed things. BROADBAND in total, the network style that changed the world
foothead said:
HD TV would be a big one...
All the revolutions in flat screen have been amazing, CRTs were limited and rear projections gave a poor image and were HUGE, roll on the LED/LCD/Plasma revolution
SPuNKYbd said:
Firefox redefined browsers 100%
Nice name mate, haven't seen you around yet. I'm in agreement here, alternatives to IE have done more for internet browsing than IE ever could. It's the competition that keeps the software moving.

I can understand each of their ideas, though I wounldn't necissarily agree with each of them. You also have to remember they are talking about technology that CHANGED the decade -- that doesn't mean it's the best or the newest.

I want to state just a few of my opinions:
Netbooks have changed the way people will work. With a netbook and 3G you have a truely mobile office. Sure they're not super computers, but that fit into a niche and do it well. Plus they will continue to get better. Perhaps they should have listed 3G and netbooks together.

I also agree that plasma/lcd/led screens/tvs should have made the list.

The DS had a stylus pen and decent graphics for the size it had. Also, don't forget dual screen.

The graphics were awful.

some of the worst I had ever seen really. PSP destroyed it.

The touch screen was awful, unresponsive, and innacurate. I'm sorry but nintendo = FAIL lately.

I'm with foothead on this DS subject, i can't say them being justified as decade-changing

Back
Top Bottom