24p vs 60i Canon XHA1 for fighting scene

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I am going to film a fighting scene for my major project, the entire movie is shot in 24F (same as 24P) for a fast moving fight scene, should I go for 60i because of the fast pacing to make it more smooth and have better for slow motion? Would that make the video look weird, being the only scene shot in 60i? Or should it be ok, and recommended.

Use 24P.

TBH, slow motion doesn't belong in an action movie, or really any movie IMO. It ruins the fluidity of the scene, and it takes away in terms of realism.

But for the fast action scenes, wont it be hard to see the action because the scenes would be strobing cause of the 24p? And 60i would be more fluid in fast action scenes?

This is for a filmmaking class, right? The point should be learning how it's done professionally, which is almost invariably 24P. Shooting at 60i will get rid of the professional look, and make it seem more like a home movie.

ok, so stick with the 24f. gotcha

but, i read somewhere where for a fight scene, keep one camera on 24p and the other on like 60p (which my camera cant do)

If you filmed at 60i, and the TV was progressive, surely in real terms, you'd be getting 30p once converted?

If you filmed at 60i, and the TV was progressive, surely in real terms, you'd be getting 30p once converted?

it depends on the TV, but most older ones will. Some newer TVs will actually insert frames between each frame to achieve 60 fps though, which tends to give an odd, 2D appearance.

Filmed it all at 24p! looks great (acting not the best) but techically speaking, went awesome, i LOVe my canon :)

Back
Top Bottom