2300 Budget for New Computer

Get it if you want the fastest load times for your games and such. If you want space, get a 1TB drive for much cheaper, and it will still be fast.

The reason I didn't pick the 4870X2 is that at this point, it's overpriced for what you get. The 9800GX2 is still super fast, but about half the price.

I pretty much agree, you get about twice the fps in most games with the 4870x2, but once you hit about 60fps it doesn't really matter, does it...? for example, at 1900x1200 in Call of Duty 4 the 9800GX2 will get you about 95fps, which is smooth, how much of a difference will you actually SEE with the 200+ fps with the 4870x2...? you probably wouldn't notice much of a difference at all unless you were a cyborg or had some kind of bionic eye...

now if you want this system to last a while longer without upgrading, and money really isn't that big of a factor, then I would get the 4870x2, in future games the difference in fps may become discernible to the human eye, an example would be if a future game (COD6?) dropped the 9800GX2 to about 40fps, then the 80+ fps the 4870x2 would give you would make all the difference in the world...

Back
Top Bottom