2020 i finally switched to firefox... and i hate it

I personally have never noticed one browser to be particularly faster or slower than another. To me, my connection speed and the website I'm browsing are the major factors as to how fast a site loads. Having a lightning fast browser makes little difference.

I believe some web page formats act normally with different browsers', err, cores. I remember seeing some websites load items one by one and some others don't show before loading all of them completely first. But that was in the dark ages with slow connections. Didn't follow up with this lately.

I originally always used Firefox, then switched to Chrome around 2008, and then back to Firefox around 2015 and I've really liked it since. I always have;
- uBlock Origin
- HTTPS Everywhere
- Privacy Badger
- LastPass
Installed, and use Firefox Sync and Firefox Send quite regularly.

Some other browsers are marginally faster in varying use cases, but Firefox is just so much better for privacy.

I've been using Mozilla before they changed it to Firefox. (I learned about Mozzilla using Red Hat) At first I did not like the change from Mozilla to Firefox, but I did get used to it because at that time IE really suk'd and Google's Chrome wasn't very popular if it was around at all?
I'm still using Firefox and it suits all my needs. Do I care if Google's advertising apps are 10ms faster?....nope, Because I can not sense a 10ms time difference

I've got Firefox on my desktop. Haven't used it enough to form much of an opinion other than it's a lot different than Chrome which I've been using since it launched (I think). I used to use Firefox, but then switched to Chrome. I should probably give Firefox a fair try.

did not know that... Is that just because russia is communist and their incomes are different or what?
Russia is not communist in 2020. They simply just have poorer areas than other 1st world countries. Also due to the age of communism their technology is lacking compared to more modern worlds like ours in these areas because it's harder to get newer stuff. It's also way more expensive than places that have new stuff readily available.
I personally have never noticed one browser to be particularly faster or slower than another. To me, my connection speed and the website I'm browsing are the major factors as to how fast a site loads. Having a lightning fast browser makes little difference.
Definitely depends on the site. I know in terms of my net and machine if there's an issue or slow down it comes down to the site itself and browser. When I say Edge is faster for me, it's because it's more responsive, quicker, loads faster, etc in a direct site for site comparison with Chrome. 2 major places I've noticed this is in Facebook and Youtube. In these instances I can without a doubt say Edge is the faster browser, not to mention consumes less resources than Chrome.

Russia is not communist in 2020.
Sez Who?
Russia is as communist today as it was for the last 70+yrs. Just because the wall fell down does not make Russia some other government than it was not before. Just Because Russia has become more open does not make it less communist.
I do have family from Russia and I have a good idea of what I am stating

Officially as of 1993 no ideology may be established as a state or obligatory one. The CSPU was banned at the fall of the USSR in 1991. Communism has "ended" but it's not an active communist country like China or Vietnam. "Officially" it's a presidential republic. I quote these because Russia's state is currently like the US. Corrupt. We are a democratic republic on the ideology of "democracy" but we as the people do not actually govern ourselves. The elite rule this country through the governing bodies via lobbying and voting means squat. I can only assume the situation is similar over there with communism.

Back
Top Bottom