2020 i finally switched to firefox... and i hate it

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
ok so now that alot of pages dont work in IE i had to shut it down for good and use firefox
and i hate it. still nothing changed.

is it possible to make firefox reender pages same as IE did?

also why is there a delay when starting and when switching between pages?
i dont have any addons yet on firefox, but even with addons side by side explorer was still faster at loading and switching to new page.

is there anything i can do about that? yes it is noticeable
has been on all my PCs and the main reason why i didnt use firefox.
the delay is irritating to say the least

Firefox works fine for me. If you don't like it go back to whatever you did like before Firefox.

Weird, IE is known to be about the slowest of all.
Unfortunately there's no way to render IE on FF. There are ways to send the link to run a new IE window, for example, but that requires IE to be installed. Even if somehow FF renders IE, it will borrow the library form IE which has to be updates by MS. Same thing as using IE as long as it is still installed.
Did you run FF 32-bit on your 64-bit OS or use IE on an SSD and FF on an HDD or something?

IE is now officially dropped by Microsoft and should disappear. I've personally moved permanently to (new) Edge as it's the fastest out there right now.

Don't joke. Personally, I've always owned Firefox, but I've never had the opportunity to use it. Why?
Throughout the time that Firefox has existed, there have been 3 or 4 versions that work so much that the regular web can be opened. Everything else is completely unusable.
I remember that one of the last ones that worked more or less was 3.6.28, then the next one what more or less working was something 12.0.x and since then nothing has appeared that could be used.
There have also been versions that didn't even launch at all. That means the last beta worked but the first official release didn't launch at all.
I don't quite understand how people can use it and how to praise a browser that has never worked properly.
Which has never been able to open even web page elements without distortion. So could say that no working version of Firefox has been released yet, there are only some attempts that don't work...
Version 57 was a great hope, but it remained a hope for ever... again nothing worked.

Sshh! Don't let my FireFox browser hear that it doesn't work on the "regular" web. It works fine for me on every site I visit so I guess I'm just fortunate.

Guess it depends on compatibility. Some web based apps, specially, are browser dependent. My pathetic company uses an Oracle Business Suite that does not work FF after version I forgot. But it's a very old version. I think some V3 something.

Last edited:
one of the things i hate in firefox is the default video size which doesnt increase with the window size
it is extremely annoying
there is and has always been a lag when opening and when switching to different page.
the IE loads pages noticeably faster. otherwise i would not be saying it.. i tested it multiple times for years, hoping that the lag will be fixed but it never was faster than IE edge is slightly faster than firefox but the lack of settings it pretty damn lame. its like its made for noobs who have no idea how to do anything besides shopping on amazon and clicking BUY or sign up...

I use Firefox all the time and I never have an issue using it. It might be something on your pc because your also having issues with IE too. Get Malwarebytes.
Disable all add-ons in your browsers, then run Malwarebytes (free version).
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
After you scan your hard drive with Malwarebytes get AdwCleaner to remove any malicious add-ons from your browsers
https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom