$200 video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer

In Runtime
I have 200 dollars to spend on a video card. right now i have a radeon 9700 agp, but i am open to nvidia as it seems they are cheaper right now. what i am looking for is 256 mb gddr3, agp8x. As i am an ati guy right now i don't know what are the good brands for nvidia cards. it looks like a 6600 or 6800 is best choice for me. what are good brands and any specific cards i should look at? the video card is part of a upgrade including 1 gb (2 256s dual channel) ocz memory and a 3 ghz proc (would go amd but already have a solid p4 mobo)

eVGA GeForce 6600 GT. only 128mb of mem, but mem doesnt matter. clock speeds, core speeds, and pipes matter. great bang for the buck

does clock speeds matter compared to ati chips? cus ati chips tend to run higher but nvidia seems to keep up with them. also I can get stuff cheaper on ebay, so if its slightly over 200 go ahead and post away. is evga a good brand?

ebay is expensive

get evga or leadtek 6600gt on one of the larger online retailers (i.e. newegg, zipzoomfly, and monarch computers)

as others said an evga 6600gt would be best for you. leadtek i've heard also makes nice cards but i have no experiance with them.

im kinda disapointed the 6600 gt only has 8 pixel pipelines? is bfg good? is it possible for me to flash a 12 pipeline 6800 to a 16 pipeline one? is that safe?

also since i will be switching from ati to nvidia i have read in other forum posts that i could have some problems with this. is this just because of driver issues? if i reformat my hard drive between the card swap will i have any problems?

its driver issues. if u reformat, u will not have any problems.

it may only have 8 pipes, but its still very powerful. Also, only the AGP 6800s can be flashed to a 6800 Ultra, and not always successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom