2 video cards, 2 monitors?

The cards we recommended are much better. And, the card I recommended for what you need it for, would probably only be like 7-10 dollars more with shipping--and that's new with warranty. Not everything is a better deal on eBay. Choice is yours in the end, but don't come crying if that used puppy fails you!

BTW, I actually don't like high res. It makes stuff too hard for me to read (I guess I'm supposed to wear my reading glasses but...:p)...and that's on my 22" Samsung. So I just stick with 1024 x 768 on everything...including games. I'm just not picky, I guess. Haha.

I might have missed something during this discussion but i'm under the impression that i want a laptop is buying 1 video card w/ one vga output but wants to do dual monitors. Wont he need a vga splitter to do a dual monitor setup?

vga splitter- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812120153

wouldn't the onboard graphics get disabled thought the bios when the use of a gfx card is enabled?

Doesn't the same go for using a sound card vs onboard sound..

I might have missed something during this discussion but i'm under the impression that i want a laptop is buying 1 video card w/ one vga output but wants to do dual monitors. Wont he need a vga splitter to do a dual monitor setup?

vga splitter- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812120153

wouldn't the onboard graphics get disabled thought the bios when the use of a gfx card is enabled?

Doesn't the same go for using a sound card vs onboard sound..

I believe there is an "always on" option for my onboard video.

if your going to be using both the onboard gfx and a gfx card.. wont the gfx card give you a higher resolution than what the onboard will be able to produce?

maybe considering a splitter or a gfx card w/ dual vga output is a better option?..

just my 2 cents

other note: you will love dual monitor setup.. you'll never return to a single monitor again.. unless its a big motherfu*ka

You bring up a very valid point, however, I don't do any gaming. Basically, I just love high resolutions (who doesn't?) Other than that I just dick around on the internet and such...so...a "good" graphics card is above what I need. However, the warranty aspect is a good point to look at.

a good card would be $100+ even that $25 one is not good but it would be better to go with the MSI listed above even if you dont do any gaming, do it for the warranty, just like rohan metioned up above

Even if I go with the MSI listed above, that only has one output (and it is DVI so I would have to pick up a DVI > VGA adapter) so would I have to get a splitter or use both vid cards? (onboard and MSI)

I am torn between a couple of upgrades for my PC. I want a decent speaker system with a subwoofer. (nothing over 50 bucks, just for listening to music) Maybe another hard drive so I can RAID up my system, I don't know how much of a performance increase that would yield though. There is the whole 2 monitor thing that I want going. And I want to sound proof my system, so first on my list is an Arctic Cooling heatsink and then a fanless PSU. (or at least a really quiet PSU)

Go with a video card with dual outputs and ditch the onboard video, you'll be glad you did.

Back
Top Bottom