2 questions

akshay313

In Runtime
1. i bought 2 gigs of ram for my pc 2day when i boot up my pc it says " memory runs dual channel interleaved"
did i install it right?
what does it mean by interleaved

2. when i boot up my pc it makes this long (2 second) noise and then 1 beep afterwards. what does this mean

1. No idea, but maybe these will help.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/i/interleaved_memory.html
http://www.smartcomputing.com/edito...&searchtype=&DicID=17770&RefType=Encyclopedia
But if the computer is working fine then I guess it's ok, though the beep code kinda makes me worry.

2. Thats your mobo giving you a beep code. Check the mobo manufacturers website or the mobo manual for the meaning of that beep code. Though did this start right after installing the new ram? If so then it pretty much has to be something about the ram.
But check the website/manual to be sure.

1. Most motherboards use a color coded system for dual channel memory. I'm guessing you have 4 total ram slots. Example my ram slots are blue and black I believe. You put them in same color blue blue & if you upgrade later put the other 2 in the black black.

2. You would need to refer to you motherboard manual on that. If you know the type do a search for codes for the MB and you should be able to find out.

i checked my motherboard manual and it says that its either DRAM or motherboard error.
everything works fine idk wut it cud be...

well when the comp boots up it recognizes the 2gigs of ram and if i run dxdiag it also reconizes the ram.

ok. Run one of those programs on my previous post to make sure the ram is fine.
Though you don't seem to be having any kind of problems, but the beep code the mobo gives isn't a good sign. But if those programs don't give any errors (atleast when I had broken ram I got the 1st error in like 2 mins, but it's best to run those programs for a few hours) then I'd say that everything is fine. And the mobo started to give the beep code right after you installed the ram?

okay, well since the beep has always been there and the comp has been working fine I don't think you have any problems. I just thought that you started to get the beep right after installing the ram. So everything should be ok. :)

Back
Top Bottom