2 questions. Pixels and Unicode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishman

Baseband Member
HELP!!! 2 questions. Pixels and Unicode.

1. Suppose a computer monitor can display 1024x768 pixels. If each pixel requires three bytes of memory, how much memory is required to store a picture that fills the whole screen?

I got 2,359,296 Bytes. But i dont think that is a good enough answer for some reason.

2. What primary advantage does the Unicode character set have over the ASCII character set?

I need someone to explain this one to me!! I know about both formats but i dont know the primary advantage of Unicode.

i'm not a professional here, and don't really know question number 1 besides multiplying it out...

correct me if i'm wrong, but it hink ASCII will not show some characters, and replace them with a diamond with a question makr in the middle, or a rectangle. Unicode on the other hand, will show every character from any major language.... i found this out by going to sketch pirating sites lol

but to address question 1, by storing you mean (in commonman's terms) displaying, or actually phisically storing it on the hard drive and it is a picture that is 1024x768 and each pixel requires 3 bytes of data?

because if what you say is true, i found this to be 2,359,296 bytes... 1024px * 768px = 786,432px * 3 bytes = 2,359,296 bytes total

Awesome guys! For some reason I was doubting my self on #1.

And personally I think question #2 is plain crap. Its driving me crazy. So would you both agree unicode is better because it will work in all countries or languages? Where ascII is mostly american english?

pretty much... i always have to change IE or FF to Uni-8, but in doing so some of the characters get mis-read...... ASCII is more accurate if all your going to do is look at english web pages, UNI for multilanguage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom