2 problems

kezman

Solid State Member
ok i have 2 problems with my pc:

1. i want to use firefox and i do when i browse the web and its set as my default browser but the only thing is wen i read my emails on msn n if sum1 gives me a link to click on they always com up in internet explorer so how do i make em come up in firefox?

2. this ones a bit more fiddly but any help will be much appreciated....rite my pc is quite new and i bought a joystick about 2 years ago when i had my old pc, the joystick worked well n it was all good. I tired 2 use the joystick on my new pc a few days ago but their was nowhere on the back of my pc to connect it to so i was liek wtf? so wat i did was take the bit off my old pc and i put it into my new pc. It all went in fine and i was quite chuffed with myself that id put it in. My happiness soon came to an end when i tried 2 use the joystick...my pc couldnt find it so i dont think ive put the port thing in right...any reason why it wouldnt work???

For the first one, you just need to go to "add/or remove programs" in control panel. In the window, go to the right and look down at the bottom... where it says "set access and desfaults". All you have to do, is click there and go to custom. From there, set the default web browser and you're done! For 2, you're joystick might be old. Try a new one. I'm sorry, but I don't have much experience with joysticks... hope it helps though. Btw... welcome to CF! Enjoy your stay here.

1. If you have XP, go start and right under conrtol panel is "set program access and defaults" go there and set firefox as your default browser. But I dont know if it will fix the msn emails thing because I have the same problem.

2. I have a joystick like that and just let it be, lol. Sorry can't help there.

k thanks alot on the first one bro....can anyone help me on my second problem, i dont think its the joystick i jus dont think ive connected the actual thing into my pc proply(i duno wat to cal it) wud it not work cos my old pc wass ME and this one is XP?

hmmm...when you turned on your pc. didnt xp do that search thing to figure out what you have put in? If it didn't you probably haven't put the thing in properly.

no nothing i jus shoved the thing in and put a wire goin from it goin to the cd drive

then i have no clue. I suggest you invest in buying a new joystick. I remember my old joystick would have a connection from the soundcard in my old pc.
Sorry, got no idea what's up with yours.

Back
Top Bottom