2 pci-e slots

I have 2 monitors and 2 graphics card, if i connect 1 monitor to 1 graphics card and the other monitor to the other graphics card, will it be better? or would it be the same as connecting 2 monitors into 1 graphics card

You'd probably be better off just connecting both to one graphics card.

Other things use PCIe x16 slots - physics cards, ethernet cards, etc...

That's an odd motherboard you have there. It's using an Nforce4 chipset on an AM2 platform with multiple PCIe x16 slots. The standard Nforce4 doesn't support SLI. Only the Nforce4 SLI, SLI XE, and SLI X16 will run SLI. Your's must be the "value" version as it's built on the same board as the the SLI enabled chipsets.

I have 2 monitors and 2 graphics card, if i connect 1 monitor to 1 graphics card and the other monitor to the other graphics card, will it be better? or would it be the same as connecting 2 monitors into 1 graphics card

There's no performace gain to be seen in using two graphics cards in that way. It will work just the same as with a single card connected to two monitors.

Found out that the second pci-e slot operates at 2x.
another question, im thinking of getting an 9600 GT, but only if the card is small like most of the midrange cards due to my chipset heatsink being in the way (read other forum i posted up), and if not then the 8600 GT, and i know its not as good of a performance.
but heres the question, if i get one of those cards and put it at the first which operates at x16 and x8, and put my graphics card in the second slot, can i use my x1950 (second slot operating at x2) as my video games renderer (hoping theres no performance drops) and have my other card in the first slot to do random things.
or is it better to just use one of the cards im thinking of buying as a standalone card and connect it to 2 monitors?

Back
Top Bottom