2 pc lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
me n some mates going to this dude's beach house in a couple of weeks (yes i know its winter!)

anyway there will be the mandatory xbox but i get frustrated with that after about 20 mins so me and a mate were going to bring our laptops for some good ol' keyboard and mouse action.

is there any routers/hubs/whatever to make them network, or can we just get a crossover cable between them and should be all good?

If they both have wireless you can form a peer to peer network, or just use a crossover cable.

Just run the network wizzard though and it'll be fine.

Personally, I have never gotten XP to network correctly with another XP computer using crossover cable. now if your both on 2000, you'll be fine.

both connect to the web and download hamachi. play on a lan that way. better than buying a hub or a router

yeah i did think about there might be a problem cos his PC is a P2 400mhz with a 4MB gfx card, so it prob wont have xp on it. does xp have probs networking to other OSs? should i chuck a 2000 or a 98 on my laptop?

hamachi... does that acually work i dled it didn't seem to detect any games. prob just me and the pings would be sky high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom