2 GFX Cards

djscuba

Beta member
I used to run 2 8800GT GFX Cards on SLI to give me use of 4 monitors. Resently one of them blew up!

Can anyone advise me if it's ok to run two different graphic cards (not SLI) just to be able to use 4 montiors?
Can I buy a cheap GFX card and run it with my 8800GT to enable the use of 4 montiors?

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I think you can but i wouldn't recommend it. The graphics card that is better would lose some of its power because it would use the clock speed of the worst graphics card u have i think

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I think you can but i wouldn't recommend it. The graphics card that is better would lose some of its power because it would use the clock speed of the worst graphics card u have i think
That's not what happens at all. You can use two different graphics card for that purpose. Hell, you can even use an ATI one with your NVIDIA one.

Computear

Daemon Poster
That's only if you set up the cards in SLI/Crossfire, which you wouldn't be doing if you're running 4 monitors off them.

What rohan said is right.