2 computers/1 monitor????

desdichato

Baseband Member
Hi All,

Is there any way that anyone can recommend to have two computers connected to a single monitor.....so I do not have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting cable...is there such a thing????

Thanks

P

Do you need to share a single keyboard and mouse as well? If so a KVM switch would be perfect. Otherwise, if the monitor has two different inputs (VGA, DVI etc) plug each input into different computers and just switch inputs through the monitor's menu.

If you want to share your Keyboard, Mice and Video get a KVM its cheaper and more useful:

PS/2 -- IOGEAR GCS62

17-107-407-S01.jpg

Newegg.com - IOGEAR GCS62 MiniView Micro PS/2 KVM Switch with Cables

USB -- IOGEAR GCS632UW6 (Completely USB, and it does sound to)

iogear-gcs632u.2504985.jpg

Newegg.com - IOGEAR GCS632UW6 MiniView Micro USB PLUS 2-Port KVM Switch

Video Switch -- CABLES TO GO 03364

Or if you want to just switch between video they have Video Switches (not very appealing for some, but it does the Job):

17-196-027-S03.jpg

17-196-027-S02.jpg

Newegg.com - CABLES TO GO 03364 2-1 HD15 VGA Manual Switch Box

yeah i second to KVM switch idea

i have two computers (my macbook and my PC) connected to the same monitor, but when one of them sleeps it will switch over to the other input and ill have to go through the long-ass menus to switch it back. Gets effing annoying tbh with you.

i dont plug them both in enough to warrant gettting a decent KVM, but i'd recommend it if you want to permanently use the same monitor.

If both computers are running Windows you could alway use Remote Desktop Connection. I frequently use two or three computer from my main desktop computer with Remote Desktop.

Back
Top Bottom