1x 750Gb @ £305 or 3x 320Gb at £210 harddrives?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
Recently one of my hardrives have just started making a dodgy noise. Making me panic about backing up all of my data on it. Ive been looking at hardrives and have two options on my list.

Option 1:

one 750Gb harddrive priced at £305. i would use this one in my pc and keep the other hardrives as backups. meaning less space with better air flow and less power consumption and heat.

option 2:

three 320Gb hardrives at £70 each. The main arguement for these is i would save £85 and still have an extra 210Gb on top of the 750Gb but that means having an extra 3 harddrives already on top of the 6 i have just kicking around the place. plus if the 750Gb was to go up the pan thats alot of data to go with it. and the 300Gb ones i could put into RAID 0 or 1

i think its an argument between more convience of one harddrive with less physical space and clutter in my case or less money with more vitual space to store more data. i dont know which to go for and would like to know what people think.

I'd said the 3 320 gigs instead. Its more data for less. And if one fail you still have two.

Get the three ones, the install your OS and other programs on the others. It would be faster that way

Yeah! That's a good idea! Install your OS on one of the hard drives, and put the other two in RAID 0.

Back
Top Bottom