1watt L.E.D. flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
I saw a 1 watt led flashlight at target today for 20$. it uses a 3volt camera battery. i have a few led flashlights that are pretty bright. but does this 1 watt led flashlight shine brignt enough to justify its high price?

j369852147412 said:
I saw a 1 watt led flashlight at target today for 20$. it uses a 3volt camera battery. i have a few led flashlights that are pretty bright. but does this 1 watt led flashlight shine brignt enough to justify its high price?
It's not really the brightness, it the simple fact that they do not require as much electricity to power it.

Friend of mine was looking at LED Light bulbs for his ceiling lights. About AU$43 per bulb, and that is as trade discount price.
However in the long run, they chew through less power, and they prolly last for just about forever.

Just grab yourself an old flashlight and some superbright LEDs, and whip out the 'ol soldering iron.

Much cheaper, and also more satisfying

I have a 1.25 watt LED flash light I picked up on a camping trip, it is very bright. Just as bright as a maglight.

Were you looking at the Dorcy 1w at target? These led falshlights that are rated in watts arent your average 5mm led....they are much more powerful but use more power.

They also make 3w 5w and 7w led flashlights. The 1w is going to be a good bit brighter than a 2aa maglight and 3w will be a little bright than the 1. 5w is usually a flood style flashlight, with no tight beam.

Like you said it runs on the camera battery (CR123), and so do most other 1w or higher led flashlights.

If you want to learn some more try out www.candlepowerforums.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom