1th Wd Hdd $76.10

skip that blasted HDD
its the green version
saving you power
and loss of speed
but thats just my opinion

The first thing I do after installing the OS is to set the hard drives to stay on 100% of the time. I've got two of these drives, they are comparable to any other 7200 SATA drive.

It still works the same as other drives, but when it's not being used it slows down. See how that works?

All drives do that. But look up both seagate and WD drive green drives (Seagate calls them LP). Their top spindle speed is 5900 rpm.

I'm very weary of buying hard drives this big in size. Imagine if you lost all that data in a drive failure. Backing up wouldn't be a smooth experience either.

I'd rather stick with smaller drivers that are easier to backup. That way, you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I'm very weary of buying hard drives this big in size. Imagine if you lost all that data in a drive failure. Backing up wouldn't be a smooth experience either.

I'd rather stick with smaller drivers that are easier to backup. That way, you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I keep all my important data on network attached storage with raid arrays. If I lose one drive, no problem. If I lose more than one, I start to cry. The terabyte drives on my computer are working space for me. I play with video a lot, so gigabytes have replaced megabytes. Of course, megabytes replaced kilobytes a while back. I can still remember my first 1 gigabyte drive! Woo Hoo! Now I find 500 megabytes a little cramped.

You do have a good point 01001010, most people don't really need all that space.

Back
Top Bottom