1st time building, any help/advices appreciated

Sedah

In Runtime
This is going to be my 1st time building and any help/advice appreciated. Let me know what ya guys think.

I summed up of what I'm going to be ordering and it follows:

- Intel i7 920 Processor [planning to overclock to 3.0-4.0 later on]
- Evga Intel x58 ATX
- Geforce Evga GTX 260 [planning to buy a 2nd one later on as well]
- Corsair 750tx 750w
- OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3
- 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 7200RPM
- Pioneer 20 DVD+ burner
- Antec Nine Hundred Two
- Windows Vista 64 Bit

anything else I'm missing? OR any recommendation? and any advice prior and after it has been put together appreciated. [I kno I didnt write down the monitor but I already know which one Im getting]

thanks in advance.

If you didn't know already
Put in the memory and processor prior to installing the motherboard in the case
And apply thermal paste :)
Other than that..good luck.

I dont mean to take over this this thread but i was thinking of the same question but was going to ask later when i get the parts... but what the heck ill just ask now....

after you put on the processor and memory, mount the motherboard... you just hook everything else up? and install the OS?

Looks to be a nice build.

Here's a nice site that will help you with assembling a computer:

My Super PC - Build A PC - How To Assemble

oOoOo thank you for the link, will def. use that. :D

would it really make make a diff. if I put it afterwards? or just for convenience purposes? and thermal paste, would i have to purchase that seperately?

It really doesn't matter if you put the memory and CPU in afterwards. But, I would highly suggest mounting the CPU and heatsink before installing the motherboard as the heatsink can be a pain to install while everything is in the case.

You shouldn't need any thermal paste as the heatsink that comes with the CPU has it pre-applied.

It really doesn't matter if you put the memory and CPU in afterwards. But, I would highly suggest mounting the CPU and heatsink before installing the motherboard as the heatsink can be a pain to install while everything is in the case.

You shouldn't need any thermal paste as the heatsink that comes with the CPU has it pre-applied.

okay so I wouldnt need to buy this then right? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007, also, i was thinking of gettin a diff. heatsink for the CPU since I am planning to overclock it, you think I would need a diff. heatsick besides the one already included or wouldnt really matter to much?

okay so I wouldnt need to buy this then right? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835100007, also, i was thinking of gettin a diff. heatsink for the CPU since I am planning to overclock it, you think I would need a diff. heatsick besides the one already included or wouldnt really matter to much?
If you are installing an aftermarket HS, you will. The stock one has the TIM pre-applied though.
And get some Arctic Cooling MX-2 ;)

Water cooled for the win. Haha. It really doesn't matter what order you put it together just be careful not "shock" the cpu with static.
(when you rub your feet on the carpet to shock someone)
I would take a look at that guide atomic rooster has posted.

Water cooled for the win. Haha. It really doesn't matter what order you put it together just be careful not "shock" the cpu with static.
(when you rub your feet on the carpet to shock someone)
I would take a look at that guide atomic rooster has posted.

lol i would buy water cooling for sure but i dont want to risk it, lol might mess up and there goes the whole system lol

Back
Top Bottom