1st time building, any help/advices appreciated

okay so I wouldnt need to buy this then right? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007, also, i was thinking of gettin a diff. heatsink for the CPU since I am planning to overclock it, you think I would need a diff. heatsick besides the one already included or wouldnt really matter to much?
Nope, you won't need that stuff.

If you are planning on overclocking, I would suggest getting a different heatsink as the stock one cannot handle the excess heat generated by an overclocked CPU.

I would suggest getting this cooler: XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V

That HS and retention bracket work well
It took me 2 hours to figure out the bracket went on the back though..don't ask what I was doing :x

True all the way.

Also alot of HSFs come with Thermal Grease for example I know that the thermalright 120 black comes with Arctic Cooling MX-2 but its always best to check though.

For something as hot as an i7, I'd really consider the TRUE for overclocking.

could you link me the product?

the Xigmatek linked earlier is just as good or even better than the TRUE in performance at almost half the price, a no brainer imo, but people have their preferences so it's just up to you to decide which one you want, but at it's price point, the Xigmatek S1283 stomps the TRUE in price to performance ratio...

the Xigmatek linked earlier is just as good or even better than the TRUE in performance at almost half the price, a no brainer imo, but people have their preferences so it's just up to you to decide which one you want, but at it's price point, the Xigmatek S1283 stomps the TRUE in price to performance ratio...
Price to performance yes, but not in performance.
@ OP, if you're just an amateur overclocker, the Xig. will be more than enough for you. If you're more experienced and serious, but don' want to shell out on watercooling, the TRUE is for you. Just make sure you lap it and strap a high RPM fan to it.

Price to performance yes, but not in performance.
@ OP, if you're just an amateur overclocker, the Xig. will be more than enough for you. If you're more experienced and serious, but don' want to shell out on watercooling, the TRUE is for you. Just make sure you lap it and strap a high RPM fan to it.

I guess like most reviews, it depends on the one you look at, they each beat the other by a slim margin depending on the positioning of the motherboard, horizontally the TRUE was better by 1°C and vertically the S1283 was better by 2°C in the review I posted, the TRUE also performs much better with AMD cpus than Intel cpus so that's another factor to consider...

Back
Top Bottom