esa193 said:
y such old stuph
u could get better for cheeper
intel core 2 duo e400 150 bucks kicks pentuim d ass
graphics card nvidia 7600 kicks yours ass
and order from www.newegg.com

well newegg doesn't ship to the uk

CompMan said:
sry to get off topic, but dude can you atleast put a little effort into spelling?
No, we've already gone over this with him, and he refuses for some reason...

esa, that's obviously over his budget. Not everyone can afford a $2,000 PC. It's a lot cheaper to get what he's got. The motherboard you recommended is over 1/4 of his budget right there.

Anyway, looks alright. What's the computer being used for?? (so we can recommend a graphics card)

basicly its gonna be used as a downloading machine overnight and i want to extended desktop to my tv so i can use it as a dvd player or play avi files i have on there i do not do any gaming.

so again apart from the sata hardrive would it all work thats my main ? lol i just want a pc thaat works lol

oh and i have spotted a new processor tell me wot u think compared with the old 1 http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...9kdWN0X3NwZWNpZmljYXRpb25z&product_uid=114196

thanks again but could some1 just come out and say if you bough them parts i would be able to fit it all together and it would boot windows xp without blowing up the advice is great but im ordering tonight so im really looking at compatibility for my 1st build then later on in the summer i will build my second with some more thought into everything and maybe more £££££ or for the u.s $$$$

ok sorry i miss read the graphics card bit what slot does it have i am ok choosing the card itself i just need to know if its pci/ pci express / or AGP i well thats all i know and i dnt think the mobo tells u what extension slots it has.

1 more thing will the motherboard manual tell me how to connect the power and front usb connections as im fine with the rest

normally yes they will tell you how to hook everything up. I've only seen one board not tell you this, but that was a pretty old board.

motherboard? good
new processcor? good (the old one had a mis-match in bus speed with the motherboard)
ram? good
case? good
hdd? get this: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/120302
graphics? get this: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/118605
that card is defiantly worth the extra £15. It has s-video out, standard video out, and it also has conponent video out, for HDTVs.

and that computer would be able to handle games if you so desire.

other parts you might need:
cd drive
floppy drive
operating system
speakers
monitor
keyboard and mouse

thanks to every1 especially wood_workur who said exactly what i wanted will it work he said yes thanks very much i have now placed the order and it is coming monday so any problems im holding you lot responsible lol only joking

thanks to all

ssc456 said:
thanks to every1 especially wood_workur who said exactly what i wanted will it work he said yes thanks very much i have now placed the order and it is coming monday so any problems im holding you lot responsible lol only joking

thanks to all

no prob. that's what we're here for.

ok maybe a rather stupid question i just read another thread about some1 putting paste on there cpu is this essential or is it for extra cooling ??? i have never done it on an old build like celeron ? ? ? and p.s as this is my first build from scratch is there anything i shud know ? wot i have done befor with upgrades or repairs is just plug everything in installl xp and drivers is anything else needed ??? or is it just like upgrades and repairs slot and install ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom