1st gen vs. 2nd gen ps3s

IIRC, the first ones that came out can play PS2 games, but the graphics are bad. (and maybe more USBs?)
and the newer one cant play PS2 games because they removed that feature.

Depending on which SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) you get, normally classed by the hard drive size it's different. Certain SKUs have PS2 hardware inside to play all PS2 games, some have an emulator to play most, others have no PS2 support at all. @OP Find out the gb size of the old console and see if you can get a model of the same SKU which is new, if so, whats the price difference, does it make sense to pay that extra premium to get a new console?

Depending on which SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) you get, normally classed by the hard drive size it's different. Certain SKUs have PS2 hardware inside to play all PS2 games, some have an emulator to play most, others have no PS2 support at all. @OP Find out the gb size of the old console and see if you can get a model of the same SKU which is new, if so, whats the price difference, does it make sense to pay that extra premium to get a new console?
I believe the 60gb models (which is what I have) are the only ones with the ps2 hardware inside for full compatibility. The 40gb has no backwards compatibility and the 80gb uses software emulation and only has limited backwards compatibility.

That's what i reckoned. I looked into this whole thing back in June but ended up buying a 360

Back
Top Bottom