1995 Subaru Impreza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
IWANNA--General

im thinking of getting this, im going to look at it in person tomorow or this weekend
just wanted to know if anyone know of any MAJOR problems with them like known transmission failure and what not (im not car savy what so ever)
but with gas around here 3.20 a gallon i need a little 4 cylinder that gets about 30MPG and this is right in my price range

Yo man, that car is 13 years old! God knows what the mileage even is, let alone what kind of mechanical problems it might have.

I'd suggest for that price range a 2000-2001 Hyundai Accent (Maybe a 2002, but you'd be looking at high mileage). Good gas mileage and a bargain really. Look for one with 80-100K. I found this one doing a quick search on the site you linked:

IWANNA--General

Look around though. I don't know American prices that well for I am a Canadian and our prices here are much more different.

13 year old car vs 7 year old car, age is a huge factor, but more importantly mileage.

Yo man, that car is 13 years old! God knows what the mileage even is, let alone what kind of mechanical problems it might have.

I'd suggest for that price range a 2000-2001 Hyundai Accent (Maybe a 2002, but you'd be looking at high mileage). Good gas mileage and a bargain really. Look for one with 80-100K. I found this one doing a quick search on the site you linked:

IWANNA--General

Look around though. I don't know American prices that well for I am a Canadian and our prices here are much more different.

13 year old car vs 7 year old car, age is a huge factor, but more importantly mileage.

You just suggested a Hyundai...please stick to computers.

Age doesn't matter so much as build quality, and a Subaru is built much better than a hyundai, I'll admit Hyundai's aren't too bad now, but back then they were garbage.

sounds like you picked a nice car, sporty, good mileage, and reliability.

err maybe in North Carolina, age isn't an issue, but in Montreal, we heavily salt our roads here during the winter and on average it gets as low as −15 °C (~5 °F) and even colder, and our winters are pretty long and harsh, lasting from late November to about late March before it actually settles down, but it's straight cold and windy from start to finish.

13 year old cars here are in pieces.

I have two friends who own Accents. One has a 2001 2-door automatic, it's like a green-ish/blue color, about 130K on it, but it works fine, Ive heard no complaints from him whatsoever. I've seen plenty around from the 2000-2002 generation running just fine even during the winter here. I would just stay away from 95-99 accents.

And I just doubt that a 95 Subaru has less than 150K on it unless it was driven by granny to the market ever Tuesday.

Best thing is to actually just inquire about it and just test it outyourself

Age is a bigger issue than milage. I have owned both high milage cars and old cars. My dads car is 9 years old with 220k miles on it and has no problems. Buying a 13 year old car is just asking for trouble. Heck you can pick up 2 year old kias for like 5 bucks now. They're disposible vehicles.

my dad has a '95 toyota with 298k miles on it....same clutch no major engine work....and is still going strong...my truck is a '98 F150 with 245k miles and it's still pullin' just like it always has...

I have a '97 Geo Prizm (rebranded Toyota Corolla) that runs perfectly. Over the past few years the only work I've had to put in it other than general maintenance has been a new starter and that was to replace the original one. Mileage is only around 94k, though, and much of that was put on by me. I put on like 30k in two years just commuting to school and work. Those are known to be very dependable cars, though, and they good pretty good mileage. I get about 26 mpg on average.

Subaru builds excellent cars and are always in the top five manufacturers when it comes to quality. The same cannot be said for Hyundai/Kia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom