19" CRT Monitor - Envision EFT-920 -- Good brand? Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
I'm in the market for a 19" inch CRT and this one is very well priced at $143 on newegg. It also has 7 five star reviews. Monitors recieving similar reviews average at least $50 more. I'm not sure how vital specs on a CRT monitor are nowadays, considering my old 19" gateway CRT from like 5 years ago looks plenty acceptable to my eyes. Maybe this one will be more likely to break? I'm kind of leaning towards a more expensive one unless someone can back up this one.

Also, what significance does dot pitch have? I noticed it is somewhat low on this model. Thanks!

i have the NEC MultiSync FE991SB and it's a sweet monitor, up to 1792x1344@65hz not sure on dot pitch

GageMW said:
i have the NEC MultiSync FE991SB and it's a sweet monitor, up to 1792x1344@65hz not sure on dot pitch
I have this exact monitor. 19" CRT FE991SB. It's the best monitor I have ever owned I think. The picture looks a lot more crisp than my Dell lcd monitor. And I like the high resolution. I generally crank it up to 1600 X 1200. It's pretty big and heavy, which does not happen to be a big deal for me. There are two grille lines running across the screen. I notice them maybe once every 2 weeks or so, not really a big deal, just telling you wassup.

Alright, now my eyebrow is really raising. Apparently a lower number for dot pitch is better, and the cheap model claims a significantly lower number than the more expensive ones.

Dot pitch:
"The (center to center) spacing between phosphor dots or stripes of the same color on a TV screen. The smaller the better for picture sharpness, 0.28 mm is considered the minimum acceptable for a good computer display..."

Time to look for some in depth reviews.

I have a nec 21 inch moniter on my wife's computer. it looks way better than my 17in lcd and my 17 in dell crt

Looks like I'll be going with the Envision. Turns out it claims a .25mm pitch... I could've sworn I saw .20mm somewhere. I found it at a couple sites and it had decent reviews.

Old lcd's weren't very white. Going from working on my new laptop with superbright screen to my friends couple year old 17" lcd I noticed that his white was more of a cream color... this being on a monitor that I had used countless other times and never noticed it.

On a somewhat different note, it's kind of like when I leave work after being under the lights at work (home depot) and my stock headlights on my car appear to me to be those damn blue-ish super bright bulbs...its wierd.

Having the dot pitch to low actually makes the picture look worse, not better. A good dot pitch would be .25mm-.23mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom