18yo girl hits toll booth at 100MPH in a Porche 911 Carrera

Ð88 said:
It appears you have the exact same outlook on life that I have. I have to agree with you that judging by the way things play out, it almost appears that we have little choice over our ultimate fates. It's as if right from the beginning, our lives have been predetermined. I believe we are destined, from the beginning, to reach whatever ends that become of us.

You are right that the girl probably would not have lived anyway but just maybe her fate would have been altered if the car simply did not have a soft convertible top. It's just another "what if" suggestion like what if she collided with the civic a second earlier maybe the car would have avoided hitting the wall. But those kinds of thoughts are irrelevant because it was already preordained that she would die that day. There was no chance of preventing anything because if there was then she would still be alive and well. It really makes you think and in a sense feel vulnerable and at the mercy of whatever forces act upon our lives each and every day. Almost unnerving if you ask me but ultimately it's about accepting our fates.

so you guys are hindu then? cause u dont believe in god, but you believe that your life is predetermined by your karma, or good or bad things youve done to deserve what happens to you, she mustve killed a lot of people to get that at 18 then...

alvino said:
Wow...it's not THAT gory. I still haven't puked yet.

Shame though...she was pretty. What she did was pretty dumb though...I still don't pity her.
Well neither have I.. but it's still sickening just to think about if you ask me. It's one thing to see all sorts of gore in a movie.. it's another to see a real picture of it.

Yeah, it's kinda creepy to see a real person's head popped open with their brain matter all over the place. I guess all those violent games have kinda hardened me a bit.

boardordi3 said:
so you guys are hindu then? cause u dont believe in god, but you believe that your life is predetermined by your karma, or good or bad things youve done to deserve what happens to you, she mustve killed a lot of people to get that at 18 then...

To speak for myself, I'm not going as far to say that our lives are based on Karma (although it is a possibility nonetheless) in a sense that the things we do in this life affects what happens in the next life. In fact, I am not even suggesting that there is a "next life" or a "previous life". To me, there is only one life for me and that is the one I am experiencing right now. I don't have the answers as to why fate might exist but I do believe that no matter what actions we take by means to change our future will, in essence, be ineffective because it was already known what actions we were going to take. Known by who? I don't know but there is no changing what is going to ultimately happen to each and every one of us. We get to where we are by no control of our own.

Ð88 said:
To speak for myself, I'm not going as far to say that our lives are based on Karma (although it is a possibility nonetheless) in a sense that the things we do in this life affects what happens in the next life. In fact, I am not even suggesting that there is a "next life" or a "previous life". To me, there is only one life for me and that is the one I am experiencing right now. I don't have the answers as to why fate might exist but I do believe that no matter what actions we take by means to change our future will, in essence, be ineffective because it was already known what actions we were going to take. Known by who? I don't know but there is no changing what is going to ultimately happen to each and every one of us. We get to where we are by no control of our own.

I'll have to disagree. Of course these are just opinions, but I don't really think that we can't change anything. I don't believe in fate, I believe in luck. But to be honest, what you do yourself does have a big impact on what happens. I just don't see how everything that people do would pretty much have no effect in their lives. But that's just me, I like to believe that I can change my future.

Back
Top Bottom