15.4" LCD panel question

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
I have an all in one desktop from 2010 that uses a 15.4" LCD panel with built in LED backlight (too thin to use a CCFL) which I have found is also used in some Apple laptops.

The part number of the panel is

LP154WP4-TLA1

Panel specs

https://www.panelook.com/LP154WP4-TLA1_LG Display_15.4_LCM_overview_5628.html

Part number of the backlight driver is

DS-1615WA

Output voltage.

33.76 Vdc max brightness.
29.30 Vdc min brightness.

The pin on the CCFL connector that controls the brightness was wired wrong on the backlight connector so that it was grounded and when I wired it properly Windows could not control the brightness so I disconnected that wire from the motherboard connector and connected it to a 20K pot with a 12K series resistor to ground and a 10uF cap across that to ground so I could vary the brightness. Works quite well.

I either need a backlight driver and the cable that connects to the LCD panel.

OR

I need a 15" or larger display that can connect to the two connectors in the following photo.

Connectors.png

LVDS Interface:
2 x DF13 20-pin LVDS connector for internal connection, supports
Single (24bit) or dual pixel (48bit) LVDS panel, resolution up to 1600
CCFL Interface:
1 x CCFL for Panel Backlight Inverter

Here's information about the connectors.

Backlight.png

1 CCFL.png

1 LVDS.png

There's a board that the LVDS cable and cable from the backlight driver plugs into and the cable from the panel plugs into that.

What happened is while upgrading the desktop I pulled something and it snagged the cable from the board to the display and messed up the backlight driver and one pin on the panel cable is gone as well.

I plan on removing the motherboard and everything else from the original case and trying to install it in a standard desktop case so there's wide flexibility on the display if I cannot get a backlight driver and cable. On the other hand I would have a spare LCD for another identical desktop if I cannot get the backlight driver and cable.

Last edited:
I would just hook up an external monitor if it were me. 15.4" is fairly small TBH. Since it is an all-in-one it is primarily a desktop? If so then either put it behind the external or even mount it to the rear of it.

It is a desktop.

I use the internal and an external monitor though.

So I'd need some sort of solution.

If i could find the cable I might be able to fix the driver and be ok.

But if I need the driver that may be a problem.

The screen is fine.

Its the cable and backlight driver that I need.

Well at least the cable as the backlight driver i maybe can fix as i have another identical computer and i can compare voltages on the driver board to determine the fault.

Back
Top Bottom