$1000 - go to town

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be good, once you get your case. Video cards flake out pretty easy if there not properly supported.

Is your new heatsink arriving with the case? You don't want to install the mobo into the case until the heatsink arrives as you have to mount the bracket with the mobo out of the case. There are a few pictures at the bottom of this page :D

The LGA 1366 Core i7 Socket Retention Bracket Set is compatible with the best CPU cooler and packs quite a bit of punch when cooling a CPU
(I don't know were they come up with these link descriptions :D )

You should be good, once you get your case. Video cards flake out pretty easy if there not properly supported.

Is your new heatsink arriving with the case? You don't want to install the mobo into the case until the heatsink arrives as you have to mount the bracket with the mobo out of the case. There are a few pictures at the bottom of this page :D

The LGA 1366 Core i7 Socket Retention Bracket Set is compatible with the best CPU cooler and packs quite a bit of punch when cooling a CPU
(I don't know were they come up with these link descriptions :D )
Yes, the heatsink will be arriving with the case. ;) Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm now having one big problem. Every time I install the video drivers, it BSODs on boot (right before logon screen). I've tried different drivers (191.07, 185.85, 181.20). All of them produce the same result.

I can boot in safe mode OK and uninstall the video driver to boot back normally, but once a video driver is installed, it BSODs.

The BSOD says "System Service Exception" and an 0x00000003b at the bottom.

I'm running Vista x64. I tried installing the latest chipset drivers, but that didn't fix it.

Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom