100+K a year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just passed 100K with my last paycheck.

I enjoy my job and the money gives me the freedom to do what i want. I'm just a geek at heart, so i'm easily entertained.

my mom makes around 500k a year(doctor) and my dad makes around 90k-100k a year depends(engineer) and yes we are indian so yeah we fit the typical stereotypical indian mold lol.

my mom acts like a jew tho (no offense to any jews) but like she doesnt want to spend a single thing on her. shes a multimillionaire just cause she saves everything she has and barely spends her money on materialistic things... matter-o-fact i dont recall any time shes bought anything materialistic for herself its usually for me or the family...

it has its ups and downs... cause i know im spoiled so my philosophy is frickin get as much **** as you can now cause you know when you go to college you aint gonna get ****... youll live in a dorm with some guy who has the ****in manners of a 12yr old brat and youll be drivin a pos 1988 geo metro or something similar.;)

I make ... maybe $2-3000 a year, working mostly in the summer, odd jobs, and substitute teaching.... although this year i'm way ahead of last year. Using the student loans to their capacity / being somewhat intelligent about it means I can buy good food. I think, in the semester I turned 21 (now), I've bought 1 6 pack of beer. I'd rather eat than drink beer, because I want to actually have a job doing something.

NewCents05 said:
my mom makes around 500k a year(doctor) and my dad makes around 90k-100k a year depends(engineer) and yes we are indian so yeah we fit the typical stereotypical indian mold lol.

my mom acts like a jew tho (no offense to any jews) but like she doesnt want to spend a single thing on her. shes a multimillionaire just cause she saves everything she has and barely spends her money on materialistic things... matter-o-fact i dont recall any time shes bought anything materialistic for herself its usually for me or the family...

it has its ups and downs... cause i know im spoiled so my philosophy is frickin get as much **** as you can now cause you know when you go to college you aint gonna get ****... youll live in a dorm with some guy who has the ****in manners of a 12yr old brat and youll be drivin a pos 1988 geo metro or something similar.;)

I doubt you'll have it rough in college. I had to work full time during the day and go to school at night. If it wasn't for my G.I. Bill from bein in the Marines I probably would have lived in my car.
For food when I was broke I had to poach deer.

So be grateful for what you have. It could always be worse.:D

wicked23 said:

So be grateful for what you have. It could always be worse.:D

Yeah, I make about $10k per year at office depot. I dont even want to get into my parents...we are extremely poor by American standards. We are better off than people in countries like Guatemala or Brazil however.

Ill be very happy if I make $100k per year one day. Heck, Ill be happy with $60k.

i am entirely greatful for what i have, but my parents will only pay for my college tuition i have to get a job and maintain rent and extra spending money myself.

hercules_upw said:
Just passed 100K with my last paycheck.

I enjoy my job and the money gives me the freedom to do what i want. I'm just a geek at heart, so i'm easily entertained.

Whats your profession?

I say save money and dont go to college..you dont need college to be a succesfful network admin..unless you want to count that one year of community college I took bonehead classes for to meet chicks..I succeeded in that mission, but was a failure in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom