1-question-survey, please take :)

spitfire184

Solid State Member
Hi all.

I am taking a GCSE in Sociology and I currently doing my coursework. I wish to have your opinion on one issue (I am researching into crime on the web). Please answer the poll and post something if you must. Although I know the result will most likely be biased, I value it all the same. Please don't attempt to mess this up...

Answers will be kept fully confidential, and will not be used against you.
Peace out.

root

Site Team
Staff member
I can see the wrong in it, however...

I download music to smaple an album before I buy it, I don't really listen to 'mainstream music' so it doesn't really get commercial airtime, so I need some way to listen to tracks...

if it turns out to be crap I delete it...

if it's good then I buy the album. (it's as simple as that).
whener I buy an album I rip it to my PC and never use the CD again, because my PC is a part of my home media system.

I viciously object to the DRM programs on some CDs that activly try to stop me moving the leagally bought music to my computer for completly legal purposes...

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
i only see wrong in it if it isn't a promotional free download, although i have to say that everyone has done it at least once.I have spent my share on store bought CD's, and will splurge if i like it alot.

macbook

Fully Optimized
I use downloading, and if i like the music i will often buy the CD, But when its the odd track where you only like the one song, i dont.

Techy Geek

Daemon Poster
root said:
I can see the wrong in it, however...

I download music to smaple an album before I buy it, I don't really listen to 'mainstream music' so it doesn't really get commercial airtime, so I need some way to listen to tracks...

if it turns out to be crap I delete it...

if it's good then I buy the album. (it's as simple as that).
Yeah, thats what I do, I am against downloading loads of music, except for massive bands, like Coldplay, I'm not too bothered about downloading some of their stuff. However, some of the bands I love aren't that big, so I like to buy theirs CD's. I'm also an audiophile, so I like to source from CD's :D

David Lindon

Golden Master
I always buy the cds since I like to play them in my sound system

but I also don't like the principle of downloading music when it means some people don't they thier earnings