1.3MP or 2.0MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
Hey guys ive bin looking for a phone recently (my old is 3 and half years old and its just barely holding on to dear life ) and i was wondering whether 1.3MP or 2.0Mp was better?.

I dont need a superb camera but i do want it to have some quality and ill only be using it on the occasional "snaps" get what i mean?:rolleyes:

So uhhm 1.3MP or 2.0MP?

oh and the 2.0MP phones pricy while having a shity az user interface while the 1.3MP has a nice interface with pretty much the same features except the cam. And i'am quite fuzzy about the interface lol.

which phones are you talking about?
my phone have 2.0MP and the pictures it take are just okay. wish it was better though

it'd really be up to you though heh
I'd say get the good interface one, since you won't be using your phone to take pics all that often, thats what the pocket digi-cam is for right?

If you dont plan on printing your pics you wouldn't notice too much difference between 1.3mp and 2mp on your phone screen, but the larger you print the more apparent the superior quality from 2mp will become.

Ideally if you intend on printing your photo's you want a minimum of 3Mp, hopefully 5mp.

A good quality 1.3mp camera with a good lens will look better than a 2mp too. But as a general rule for cameras, more megapixel is better.

both suck

only camera on a phone that i would trust are sony's...

my friend has an ericsson with small lens but 3.2mp and it takes half-decent pictures

my nokia has a 3.2 carl zeiss lens and the quality beats out half of my friend's P&S digicams

He didn't ask whether they sucked, he asked which was better.

And i had a Sony Ericsson 3.2mp and my new LG Viewty has a FAR better camera.

All depends on the lens, Carl Zeiss is one of the best you can buy that they fit in phones. For half decent pics I wouldn't go lower than a 2MP however. (I have a 3.2 Cybershot and the pics are extremly good)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

No phone sucks. Since when all those features are more important than calls and sms? How many times do you use a mobile's camera? I can't stand anything less than 5mp so i use my digital camera. I only buy new cell phones because my old one's break down. I just need a mobile that takes mp3s and an sd card..

No phone sucks. Since when all those features are more important than calls and sms? How many times do you use a mobile's camera? I can't stand anything less than 5mp so i use my digital camera. I only buy new cell phones because my old one's break down. I just need a mobile that takes mp3s and an sd card..

but im sure if some one offerd you a new nokia n95g 8gb with a 5.2mp camera and said il trade your for you phone your mp3 and your camera you would do it, as now you have all 3 devices integrated into one, i know some one who has the 5.2mp n95 and its better then his digital camera.

I don't own a Digital Camera. I use my phone for everything ;)
I always carry my phone, wouldn't always carry a camera (yh..so it wouldn't have batteries either :p)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

NOTE: This thread should be in the phones section. We need to start clamping down again! ;)

but im sure if some one offerd you a new nokia n95g 8gb with a 5.2mp camera and said il trade your for you phone your mp3 and your camera you would do it, as now you have all 3 devices integrated into one, i know some one who has the 5.2mp n95 and its better then his digital camera.

My camera is 8.1 mpixel and i got it for about 129 euros (+30 euros the SD card) which is pretty cheap than those phones that cost much more. I am not fond of phones as gadgets i only want them to do their job and import mp3s, i want to have a relatively small cell which i mostly use for sms. I am not trading all of these stuff for a cell phone, only my cell (motorola V360) :D It is not about the money it costs but about the (in my opinion) worthless services it has and of course about the size, man those phones are more than huge + i hate nokia :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom