0X00000008E, 0XC0000005, oxBF85FC9E,0xB2171AE4,0x00000000 blue screen

Haven't analyzed your dump files yet,but going by the pics you uploaded:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559023(v=vs.85).aspx
Indicates bad RAM

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560114(v=vs.85).aspx
Possible issue with BIOS or motherboard....try updating your BIOS or disabling ACPI.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560244(v=vs.85).aspx
Driver and/or RAM issue. Driver issue possibly related to network card.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560129(v=vs.85).aspx
Possibly due to a faulty driver.

So what Carnage is basically saying is "trash the machine, its day has come :cool: "

Why can't you?

Sorry I am not going to read 4 pages so if it has been answered I'm sorry lol

No, it is ok. Because of money. I can only spent little money. It will be probably for laptop or bicycle. SO, i have to use this computer.

I am thinking of upgrading to win8 to make it more efficient but there are also some experiences for not upgrading. Also i can upgrade to win10 but i dont know if there is directly upgrade option and no compatibility tool to check if pc is suitable for win10.

No, it is ok. Because of money. I can only spent little money. It will be probably for laptop or bicycle. SO, i have to use this computer.

I am thinking of upgrading to win8 to make it more efficient but there are also some experiences for not upgrading. Also i can upgrade to win10 but i dont know if there is directly upgrade option and no compatibility tool to check if pc is suitable for win10.

What if you were to just buy a new hdd (they aren't too expensive) and just re-install Windows on it (Plus all drivers) while transferring the old data you need off the old hdd. Unless the error is really hardware related you may just fix your issues with a new fresh installation. I know it's time consuming but it may just work. If it doesn't work then it is safe to say your hardware components are just bad.

ALSO I SAW THIS ON ANOTHER HELP SITE:

I solved the same error problem

Well, I had the same problem on one of my clients's PCs, actually I had more errors. and as a matter of fact I've learnt a lot dealing with that PC

The case of the PC was:
- 0x8E error + other BSOD (0x50) (0x4E) (0x7E) and more, which I managed to solve them all. But the only one remain non solved untill yesterday was the (0x8E)

Microsoft site said that the problem is fixed with SP3 (I don't trust Microsoft that much, but I installed SP3 anyway, and as I expected no change, same errors)

But, I've learnt that Number ONE to deal with errors on Windows XP is to run the (verifier.exe) tool which is a part of windows XP. then check which driver is unsigned.

in my case I had:
1- Klif.sys
2- Unknown Device.
3- UNKNOWN (It is writen that way.)
So, started to deal with these unsigned drivers by disabling or uninstaling, hoping things will be better.

1 - Klif.sys (which belongs to my number one trusted antivirus "Kaspersky")
I found that this a problem with kaspersky (while they mentioned that it is not their problem) I cannot judge because I never faced the problem with any of my working PCs or my clients' PCs which have KAV. (Well, I uninstalled it)

2- Unknown device (Which is the built in sound, and I disabled it and added a sound card instead).

Note: All BSOD errors are fixed that moment except the ugly (0x8E).

3- Unknown :confused: (and this killed my brain to know what is it UNKNOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :mad:

Note: The Microsoft site is better than microsoft products "I mean the tech net" (may be that microsoft has huge amount of errors which they already know so they prepared a good documentation as a support. Anyway, always refer to microsoft KB. The funny thing is that you have to read all the related pages for a certain error, because they will suggest different solutions for each "same" error. :suspiciou So you have to be smart and make your brain work hard to get the right solution from the bulk of solutions they present. and my advice is, don't always run behind their word of "Faulty RAM", that is not always true. you don't believe me check the cause microsoft suggested at (I couldn't post the link, it is my first post, but u can serach for it on microsoft anyway) I guess this is a way they want to hide behind that the problem doesn't belong to them, and they are the best (I wonder what all these service packs are for )

Of course I checked the PC RAM with 3 different applications and I had no problem with them. But it always stick to my mind the word "Device Driver" which erritates me. the manufacturers always update their drivers and they always add fixes to them. I did all the updates, but the problem remain. and the ugly UNKNOWN remains too.

and for a sudden flashed to my mind a program I installed on the PC (The PowerISO) this program act as a device and it installs drivers to the system So I removed it. That time I didn't have the error any more. NO MORE 0x8E

And, I didn't have the UNKNOWN anymore ;)

The client needs a virtual CD program, so I installed the "Daemon Tool" and the System fall again with the 0x8E BSOD :evil:

I uninstalled it and decided no more Virtual CD tools for this PC.

To Conclude it >>>

So always:
=========
- Check your unsigned drivers with verifier.exe

- Disable the unsigned drivers or uninstall them until your problem fixed.

- Always check the Microsoft site for documentations related to your error (read them all, not only one of them, again all that related to your problem, don't take their word as trusted because that would cost you money while you don't have to).

- Remove any virtual devices if you have UNKNOWN.

That is it, I hope that might help. ;)

What if you were to just buy a new hdd (they aren't too expensive) and just re-install Windows on it (Plus all drivers) while transferring the old data you need off the old hdd. Unless the error is really hardware related you may just fix your issues with a new fresh installation. I know it's time consuming but it may just work. If it doesn't work then it is safe to say your hardware components are just bad.

ALSO I SAW THIS ON ANOTHER HELP SITE:

I solved the same error problem

Well, I had the same problem on one of my clients's PCs, actually I had more errors. and as a matter of fact I've learnt a lot dealing with that PC

The case of the PC was:
- 0x8E error + other BSOD (0x50) (0x4E) (0x7E) and more, which I managed to solve them all. But the only one remain non solved untill yesterday was the (0x8E)

Microsoft site said that the problem is fixed with SP3 (I don't trust Microsoft that much, but I installed SP3 anyway, and as I expected no change, same errors)

But, I've learnt that Number ONE to deal with errors on Windows XP is to run the (verifier.exe) tool which is a part of windows XP. then check which driver is unsigned.

in my case I had:
1- Klif.sys
2- Unknown Device.
3- UNKNOWN (It is writen that way.)
So, started to deal with these unsigned drivers by disabling or uninstaling, hoping things will be better.

1 - Klif.sys (which belongs to my number one trusted antivirus "Kaspersky")
I found that this a problem with kaspersky (while they mentioned that it is not their problem) I cannot judge because I never faced the problem with any of my working PCs or my clients' PCs which have KAV. (Well, I uninstalled it)

2- Unknown device (Which is the built in sound, and I disabled it and added a sound card instead).

Note: All BSOD errors are fixed that moment except the ugly (0x8E).

3- Unknown :confused: (and this killed my brain to know what is it UNKNOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :mad:

Note: The Microsoft site is better than microsoft products "I mean the tech net" (may be that microsoft has huge amount of errors which they already know so they prepared a good documentation as a support. Anyway, always refer to microsoft KB. The funny thing is that you have to read all the related pages for a certain error, because they will suggest different solutions for each "same" error. :suspiciou So you have to be smart and make your brain work hard to get the right solution from the bulk of solutions they present. and my advice is, don't always run behind their word of "Faulty RAM", that is not always true. you don't believe me check the cause microsoft suggested at (I couldn't post the link, it is my first post, but u can serach for it on microsoft anyway) I guess this is a way they want to hide behind that the problem doesn't belong to them, and they are the best (I wonder what all these service packs are for )

Of course I checked the PC RAM with 3 different applications and I had no problem with them. But it always stick to my mind the word "Device Driver" which erritates me. the manufacturers always update their drivers and they always add fixes to them. I did all the updates, but the problem remain. and the ugly UNKNOWN remains too.

and for a sudden flashed to my mind a program I installed on the PC (The PowerISO) this program act as a device and it installs drivers to the system So I removed it. That time I didn't have the error any more. NO MORE 0x8E

And, I didn't have the UNKNOWN anymore ;)

The client needs a virtual CD program, so I installed the "Daemon Tool" and the System fall again with the 0x8E BSOD :evil:

I uninstalled it and decided no more Virtual CD tools for this PC.

To Conclude it >>>

So always:
=========
- Check your unsigned drivers with verifier.exe

- Disable the unsigned drivers or uninstall them until your problem fixed.

- Always check the Microsoft site for documentations related to your error (read them all, not only one of them, again all that related to your problem, don't take their word as trusted because that would cost you money while you don't have to).

- Remove any virtual devices if you have UNKNOWN.

That is it, I hope that might help. ;)

I dont have BSOD errors anymore thanks to carnagex but thanks :)

The topic can be edited as "solved "

So the RAM module ended up being the culprit?

Glad to hear that's what it was.

No , i am sure about only one has errors. Others two are interesting. WHen i test them alone, no errors. But together, they give errors in memtest.

But as i told before, no bsod after removing avast and the ram that i was sure about.

Don't count out technet to quickly yet, that site has got me out a few major jams the past few years.
Before you run over to Microsoft check their site and archives.
Mak213 uses that from time to time and I see why he's good at what he does with windows troubleshooting.

No , i am sure about only one has errors. Others two are interesting. WHen i test them alone, no errors. But together, they give errors in memtest.

But as i told before, no bsod after removing avast and the ram that i was sure about.

Quite possibly they could just be incompatible with each other then.

Post the brand/ model #'s of both sticks and I'll look up the specs and see if there's any differences that could cause issues when ran together.

Back
Top Bottom