“Flash Player” update, am I infected?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
So last night after I came home from work, I turned on my computer like usual. It all booted fine, and then right away it prompted me to install an update for the “flash player”. The prompt looked legit, and since this was right after a boot up I clicked “ok”. It did a very quick update and I continued on using the PC with no problems.

Right now I'm on my college campus, sitting inside library just viewing Google news…etc waiting for my next class to start, and I found this link: http://www.computerworld.com/action...rticleId=9119219&taxonomyId=125&intsrc=kc_top

“November 5, 2008 (Computerworld) Hackers have seized on the results of the U.S. presidential election to launch a major malware campaign that tries to trick users into installing an update to Adobe Systems Inc.'s Flash, but actually plants a Trojan horse on unprotected PCs, security experts warned today."

“When users click on the link, however, they're shunted to a fake site that demands the user install an update to Adobe's Flash Player before viewing a video. Rather than a Flash update, what's actually downloaded is a Trojan horse that compromises the PC then floods the machine with more malware”

Now I have not noticed any strange active yesterday, and the update prompt happened right after the boot up, so I didn't have to click any links… My computer is protected by NOD32 & Spybot, and I also try clear all my browsing files on the weekly bases.

Did anyone else receive the “flash player” update yesterday? Maybe this was a real update that company tried to do and I'm just paranoid… but what a coincidence…. Huh? I will do a full system check when I get home, but I just wanted to see what you guys think about it?

Thanks

i would go into safe mode (tap F8 during start up) and run spybot

Also if you have vista run Windows Defender in Safe Mode

Back
Top Bottom