Security Cam NVR System

cyclones

In Runtime
Hey all. Wondering if anyone could provide some recommendations. I'm looking for a 2 to 4 camera wired IP camera system with an NVR. Most of the results I searched for doesn't include the IP camera capability; only the old analog cables. I'm wanting to utilize the IP function so the cameras can be be POE and can run the cables longer. Preferably would need a 1TB hard drive with the NVR. The system needs to be able to record 24/7 which is why I don't want wireless or battery cameras. Any insight or recommendations would be beneficial. Thank you!

Ubiquiti is probably your easiest solution.
My recommended solution, although probably a bit more expensive, is a NAS or small server running Nx Witness with whatever cameras you'd like. it's on the expensive side ($150 per camera IIRC), but I set up a ~$500,000 cluster for my last company that monitored rocket engine and component tests. it's rock solid.

At home I use Amcrest cameras with ZoneMinder.

+1 to Ubiquiti as a solution. You can buy their G3 camera packs for around 600 bucks, and their NVR I believe is around 350 and comes with a 1TB drive (upgradeable). You can access your system pretty easily via internal network and via an app on your phone. They have wireless internal cameras that are wall powered that work well, and have communication functionality. Below is a quality example of their $75 G3 Flex on adaptive bitrate streaming (aka it's not max quality it's capable of) which is also a PoE indoor/outdoor camera. Excuse the mess, I have 4 kids.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom