Taking security measures to protect your investments ..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I'm curious what security measures people on the boards take to protect their equipment, I'm not talking about insurance but for example I have a smoke alarm fitted in several places in my property and I also have fire extinguishers at the ready in case of obviously an emergency but more piece of mind for the amount of equipment I have running 24 \ 7 ..

I have readily available exit routes from my property and even tho living in a bed sit I do not clog the main walk way from my bed room to the windows and doors .

I have built up a massive network running over three dozen individual electrical items but I also never use surge on sure and all equipment is tested and individually examined before I purchase from the likes of Gumtree when I have bought second hand items.

Being a qualified PA Tester (I bet you didn't know that) I have the experience even tho personal to route out any faulty items and I often check for physical problems. Even if its just a visual check to make sure nothing is gonna blow the **** up when I'm asleep or out. :omg: :lol:

Do you guys take any measures to do what you do to protect said equipment or any sort of physical network maintenance. Even if its literally cleaning out the systems for heat issues.

I'm pretty curious about this so let is \ us know.

Last edited:
The only "extra" measure I took is putting in a flood sensor in the laundry room when the security system was installed. My systems aren't low enough to get any water damage but I can take action by shutting things down in case water is spewing in that area.

Aside from that just the usuals like battery backups on rack and main PC, new surge protectors when moving in. Not much of anything else.

I keep a blank usb on a lit pedestal in the middle of my home under bullet proof lexan with dick Tracey Era neon sign pointing to it that flashes and says "this way to evidence coppers".

Just one of many decoys, I keep my real data encrypted and printed on paper buried in a box in the yard.

Can be decrypted after scanning and ocr with passwords only I know.

I keep a blank usb on a lit pedestal in the middle of my home under bullet proof lexan with dick Tracey Era neon sign pointing to it that flashes and says "this way to evidence coppers".

Just one of many decoys, I keep my real data encrypted and printed on paper buried in a box in the yard.

Can be decrypted after scanning and ocr with passwords only I know.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom