Computer advice

Oh the built in graphics can run with the PCI-E card?

Did not know it was possible as all PCs I've had wouldn't do it.

However the internal graphics is part of the CPU. How much would that hurt CPU performance?

Also I only play fortnite and I'll be streaming.

Ok I'll have to give that a try.

Prob just do the three on the card and the fourth on the built in graphics.

Fairly sure three monitors on the graphics card will be fine as my girlfriend has a lower end card in hers and does run three monitors along with streamlabs obs on one, her youtube stream on another and fortnite with its highest graphics settings on the third and has no issues whatsoever that I know of.

Doesn't mean I cannot possibly have issues though doing the same thing.

Sims 4 is a life simulation single-player game that needs competent hardware configurations. A player controls the management and creation of characters which are possible only with sharp graphics. For this purpose, your laptop needs powerful dedicated graphics cards. A stable internet connection is needed only at the time of installation.

Oh ok so the tubes should be facing the RAM, right?

I can do that this afternoon when I get home.

I suppose it has to do with either the pump or the way the routing of the liquid channels in the block is.

I was seeing an average of about 120-180FPS in Fortnite Battle Royale and occasionally as high as the high 300s in Fortnite Creative.

Much improved from my previous PC.

At first I had the case fans to follow the motherboard temperature, but they were not turning very fast and the air being exhausted was quite warm. So I changed them to follow the CPU temperature. Now they turn faster and the air blowing out is not nearly as warm. I also like how quick the fans respond to temperature changes. As the CPU temp increased the fans kicked up almost immediately.

In a way I wish the radiator could have been mounted on the inside top of the case so that any warm air from the radiator is exiting the case.

Oh ok so the tubes should be facing the RAM, right?

I can do that this afternoon when I get home.

I suppose it has to do with either the pump or the way the routing of the liquid channels in the block is.
In terms of performance or degradation it doesn't really matter, it's mostly for aesthetics and less bend on the tubes. It also lowers the input and output of water for the pump so it works less because gravity helps moving water down the tube back to the pump rather than pumping up and sucking down. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter.
At first I had the case fans to follow the motherboard temperature, but they were not turning very fast and the air being exhausted was quite warm. So I changed them to follow the CPU temperature. Now they turn faster and the air blowing out is not nearly as warm. I also like how quick the fans respond to temperature changes. As the CPU temp increased the fans kicked up almost immediately.
You can actually control the fan ramp speed, as these CPUs spike in temp and will make the fans sharply increase and decrease in speed. It's a personal preference but I don't want to hear the fans ramp real quick for a split second while I open a program then go back down. But they definitely should all be set to CPU temp.
In a way I wish the radiator could have been mounted on the inside top of the case so that any warm air from the radiator is exiting the case.
This is how I have all my machines setup to keep the GPU cooler over longer periods of gaming. It requires a case that supports a 360 on the top. I would have picked one, but you selected the 4000 so I stuck with that in the parts list.

When I selected the case it did say it could handle a 360mm radiator. Did not think to check if the 360MM was in the front or top.

I have the fan ramp set to performance. Fans ramping up briefly really don't much bother me. Have a window unit AC in the building that is way noisier than the fans will ever be.

I do have a lot to learn about how processors can spike in temperature so quickly though.

EDIT:

Not sure I like the fans that came with the CPU cooler.

I run two of the Aerocool Shark 120mm fans on a 240mm radiator for my other PC and they are set to pull air through the radiator. Seems to me like they move more air at their lowest speed than the stock fans that came with the CPU cooler push the air through at a similar speed.

Given I like the fans in the front what if I turned the fans around to where they exhaust the air out of the front pulling air through the radiator and reverse the three case fans so they pull air into the case? That would ruin the look of the fans though.

I did a CPU test using FurMark with the default of 24 threads and a couple cores got up to 212F. Suppose that's normal under extreme load.

Last edited:
I don't quite understand the CPU temperature spikes. It's a completely new concept to me.

I suppose it has to do with how much current the CPU can pull under heavy loads.

Not sure if this matters, but while checking out the bios to see all its features I saw where the pump was connected to the CPU1 fan connector which does not have pump beside it and the radiator fans were connected to CPU1 fan connector which does have pump beside it. So I swapped those two around.

I also removed the filter from the top as it was restricting airflow and is pointless to have air exhausting a case through a filter.

Mounting the radiator fan light things in the front of the case like I did looks nice. Now if I had the right tools I could shave off what needs to be removed from the covers so they can mount behind the panel like they should and make it look like they came factory like that.

I set up OBS last night and did a brief test stream playing Fortnite. Streaming to YouTube did not seem to negatively impact Fortnite and no issues whatsoever on the streaming side of things. I even had YouTube creator studio up with no impact whatsoever on anything.

Back
Top Bottom