Random Chit Chat

Thats the truth Joe! Haven't been around much as i blew the power supply and it took the motherboard with it. Sometimes it just isn't worth getting out of bed

Weighed myself again today, progress has slowed a lot but it's still ticking away, about 1 pound a week at the moment. Now 179lb versus my original 255lb. To be honest I can't really see that it has helped my diabetes at all, my blood sugars are still entirely dependent on how many carbs im eating. If I eat pizza they will be just as bas as when I was 255lb. So that's disappointing, but hey I figure it's better to be diabetic and a healthy weight rahter than diabetic and obese.

This diet for the past 9 months has made me realise how many people including close family are in such denial about how much they eat and how often they do it. My aunt is prediabetic, and she is pretty overweight. She tells me every time I see her that she eats one meal a day but just isn't losing weight. She is either eating an absolutely massive 3000 calorie meal or she is making the common mistake of ignoring snacks and drinks. I've known her nearly 30 years and can guarantee the latter. She can proclaim one meal a day all she likes but I will bet my life she spends the rest of the day drinking soda, fruit juices, eating packets of chips and cookies as snacks. I bet she consumes 1000+ calories in drink and snacks before her meal. And then I get people in complete denial from the opposite end, I tell them I only eat for 4 hours each day and they just instantly say "oh my body would never let me do that" - well it almost definitely would, you are human just like me, there are 100's of millions of people around the world that practice fasting either as a religion or because they are in some super poor 3rd world country and just don't have much access to food. But my mom and sister just tell me they'd pass out if they don't eat for more than six hours. They have no health conditions, it's a load of bullcrap, they just have no willpower to overcome the hunger feelings.

And that's my rant for the day. And I say the above without having any moral highground because although I have been dieting for 9 months succesfully overall I am 100% completely aware of how hard it is to deal with cravings and hunger and the desire to binge eat. I battle it every day and atleast one or two days a week I lose that battle and eat some bad unhealthy junk food, and probably a large amount of it. But I just see it as a trend, if I can stick to it more often than not then I keep going. And when I do have a bad day and eat half a tub of ben and jerries ice cream, I wake up the next day and won't eat anything at all for 24 hours and then just have one meal. I try and balance bad eating events by doing the extreme opposite the next day. It's better for my to successfully diet some of the time than none of the time like if I didn't even try.
Wow! Your aunt sounds just like my sister. My sister is diabetic and eats all kinds of junk food and wonders why her glocose levels are sky high. Well silly sissy you are a junkfood aholic says me. I tried ecouraging my sister to eat healthy and recomended replacing the junk food with glucerna meal replacement for diabetics and my sister listened to me and tried this and than reverted back to junk food and late nights. My sister's sleep cycle is totally out of whack. She sleeps all day and is up all night. My sister has very little will power to regulate her sleep patterns. Diabetes is unbelievably common! My Aunt, my neighbor friend, Sister, sister inlaw and my mom's companion all have diabetes! Yowy!! Thats a very high statistic! Diabetes can be very diffacult to control and may take years of practice regulating glucose levels. My mom's companion has his under control.

While it is true that obesity can lead to diabetes, you can still be diabetic and not be obese. Mrs C, her mom, dad, aunt and cousin are all diabetic and none of them are obese.

Wow! Your aunt sounds just like my sister. My sister is diabetic and eats all kinds of junk food and wonders why her glocose levels are sky high. Well silly sissy you are a junkfood aholic says me. I tried ecouraging my sister to eat healthy and recomended replacing the junk food with glucerna meal replacement for diabetics and my sister listened to me and tried this and than reverted back to junk food and late nights. My sister's sleep cycle is totally out of whack. She sleeps all day and is up all night. My sister has very little will power to regulate her sleep patterns. Diabetes is unbelievably common! My Aunt, my neighbor friend, Sister, sister inlaw and my mom's companion all have diabetes! Yowy!! Thats a very high statistic! Diabetes can be very diffacult to control and may take years of practice regulating glucose levels. My mom's companion has his under control.
There's nothing unhealthy or inherently wrong with a reversed sleep schedule. I actually personally prefer having an unstandard sleeping schedule because my "internal" clock operates in those hours where I'm naturally sleepy and naturally wake up in that cycle. When I was unemployed I'd go to bed at 2-3am and wake up naturally at 10am. It's very peaceful when everybody else is asleep and you're not because you can get so much done with no distractions from the outside world. Now that most 24 hour stores stopped being 24 hour because of Covid it makes it a bit harder though.

There's nothing unhealthy or inherently wrong with a reversed sleep schedule. I actually personally prefer having an unstandard sleeping schedule because my "internal" clock operates in those hours where I'm naturally sleepy and naturally wake up in that cycle. When I was unemployed I'd go to bed at 2-3am and wake up naturally at 10am. It's very peaceful when everybody else is asleep and you're not because you can get so much done with no distractions from the outside world. Now that most 24 hour stores stopped being 24 hour because of Covid it makes it a bit harder though.
I agree PPM. I believe it is more diffacult with covid. It seems like a vicious never ending cycle with highly mutated sub-varients constantly popping up and ever giving us a break! I hate it. My husband has diffaculty sleeping at night and I wake up too early like clockwork.

I agree PPM. I believe it is more diffacult with covid. It seems like a vicious never ending cycle with highly mutated sub-varients constantly popping up and ever giving us a break! I hate it. My husband has diffaculty sleeping at night and I wake up too early like clockwork.
It's basically recessed into nothing more than a flu now. Even Costco removed their plastic barriers.

It's basically recessed into nothing more than a flu now. Even Costco removed their plastic barriers.
pp, My son just called me and told me that there is a deadly new flu outbreak that the government is keeping a secret and its causing fliud build up in the lungs, brain hemoraging and strokes! I hope that is false info or we will all be in trouble! I still think it was a mistake to tear down the plastic barriers and lay off covid-19 sanitation workers because I noticed on the Kinsa health solutions map that we are still at moderate risk for covid and the flu. The new Kraton, Omicron subvarient XBB and others are still present and tripledemicking us!

Meh. I'm not worried about all the 'demics. I've had Covid twice and have had some wicked bouts of the flu over my lifetime.

Once I stepped away from network news and started looking at things from more of a macro view, I discovered that most of the hysteria was put out there to keep people scared and worried. Does Covid suck? Most definitely, and it can be deadly for some with certain conditions and if it is untreated. Saying that, I have asthma, am obese, and am a diabetic... and survived it twice; your mileage may vary. I don't go around licking doorknobs and stuff, but I also don't wear a face mask unless it is required (thankfully I live in the South and in a red state).

pp, My son just called me and told me that there is a deadly new flu outbreak that the government is keeping a secret and its causing fliud build up in the lungs, brain hemoraging and strokes! I hope that is false info or we will all be in trouble! I still think it was a mistake to tear down the plastic barriers and lay off covid-19 sanitation workers because I noticed on the Kinsa health solutions map that we are still at moderate risk for covid and the flu. The new Kraton, Omicron subvarient XBB and others are still present and tripledemicking us!
Fauci funded the release of Covid and when it came out he went radio silent. It's nothing more than a bad flu, and this country used it to their advantage. Seriously, they're all upper respiratory system infections that can all be lethal in some way if not careful or under the right conditions. I've had it, my wife had it, and IMO bronchitis is worse.

And of course we're still at moderate risk, it's FLU/RSV season lol. Hell I just had strep all last week.

I agree with you PP. Its a hype, or its a hidden way to remove the "sick" people from Food stamps,ssi, ssd and veterans from anything past. They want to keep the money all to themselfs. I think you are right about the Covid being just a fork from flu. I have been lucky and not have the Covid or taken there shots. I am Diabetic and have it pretty much under control. It has made no difference to getting anything else out there in bug land. Anyway, thats my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom