Random Chit Chat

Not sure about your area in TX but where I'm at I drove behind my local wally world and there are at least a dozen or more tractor trailer containers lined up, I saw some are reefers. I can't help to think but I'm suspecting that large stores are holding back on stock to keep demand high for higher prices, because why are there these large containers behind the stores? Also, I was at a local large retail grocer called Meijers in my area and decided to take a closer look and I saw these reefer trucks there too, A security gard drove up and approached my car and asked me what I was doing there.
I can not say they are holding out on supplies but it looks suspicious that these shipping containers are now in parking lots after covid than before covid

Curious... I'll start looking around my area as well. I deal with US Foods, Sysco and ADUSA foods quite often. I may have to talk with a driver or 5 and see what they say. Truck parking was my first reaction, but usually not with reefers. Those are just a theft waiting to happen. But I know Wal-mart had there own fleet trucks that deliver to stores and rarely use 3rd party companies like mine for store delivery. Not sure if you know the difference, but the trailers you saw are they actual container trucks or swing door dry van? Easiest way to tell is the swing door have smooth sides, and containers usually are shorter and have what looks like a corrugated metal side.

As much as this generally rings true, it was only so much of an issue with the current admin tanking our economy to blame and fuel war among other things. Take eggs for example. Last month 2.15 a dozen at Walmart, this month over 7 bucks a dozen. Purposely raising prices claiming "supply shortage". Uh no, them chickens are still pumping out the same amount of eggs, even if the Fed has their hand in our food supply. I don't want to hear Avian Flu or holiday baking as an excuse either, they've been around before. Literally everything this admin has their hand in the end result is our CoL going up besides the housing market. It can't be excused or explained away anymore. Over a year ago it was a trucker shortage, now it's nobody buying? Who made that call and why? Look at the problem. But speaking of housing, this admin has made it 10x harder to even buy a house because they want a renters market. What cripples the middle class hard? Housing. Corps buy out entire neighborhoods to rent, then raise qualifications to get a loan. You have no choice but to rent and it's costly as shit. Obviously the pricing isn't that bad in the whole country, but the interest rates sure are. Credit don't really matter either, I was told by 3 lenders last week 7% at 744. I remember a certain somebody else that was in office that this history is repeating. More of a general rant, but you get the gist. I'm tired of people pretending who is and isn't the problem anymore. Big corp is banking while middle class suffers. The blues kill the middle class, the reds kill the lower class.

To be honest if it was the US admin causing egg shortages it doesn't explain why there is also an egg shortage in the UK / Europe. We don't import american eggs, the supply chains are seperated. It seems like a problem that extends around the world. I don't really understand why the Democrats would want to tank the economy either, it's hardly a popular way to get re-elected.

Also you are right, avian flu has been around before, and in 2014/15 when it last happened egg prices rose by 61% "Table-egg laying chickens accounted for a large majority of the lost birds, losing about 12 percent of their flock based upon inventory numbers from April 1, 2015. Egg production declined for about 9 months, with a 10-percent reduction in May-December 2015, relative to a year earlier. Egg prices rose sharply, as May-December 2015 prices soared 61 percent higher than the previous year for the USDA benchmark price in New York. "

This time it's worse as there is high inflation and the cost of pretty much all goods has risen which makes eggs more expensive to produce, on top of the avian flu issue. There are still large supply issues across industry due to Covid fallout and Ukraine war too. So it all seems to make sense, I don't see some grand egg conspiracy.

Last edited:
Not sure about your area in TX but where I'm at I drove behind my local wally world and there are at least a dozen or more tractor trailer containers lined up, I saw some are reefers. I can't help to think but I'm suspecting that large stores are holding back on stock to keep demand high for higher prices, because why are there these large containers behind the stores? Also, I was at a local large retail grocer called Meijers in my area and decided to take a closer look and I saw these reefer trucks there too, A security gard drove up and approached my car and asked me what I was doing there.
I can not say they are holding out on supplies but it looks suspicious that these shipping containers are now in parking lots after covid than before covid
I'll have to check that out but it would make sense. Nvidia is doing it and openly admitted it on a shareholder call so why not?
Not disagreeing AT ALL. What I was talking about is general stuff from my perspective, not from a media point of view and like I said I was making a general, very broad example of what I see. It's also my perspective from where I live on the East coast. It may very well be different in another area. As for the nobody buying... That is me. Again from my perspective. but after putting the pieces of what I see and hear from shippers and talk about from drivers of other trucking companies, it (while speculation) makes sense that greed has played a significant role in our current state and not just in the Govt sector. So in essence, we both said the same thing but just in 2 different ways. I'm just not trying to blame anyone. I wish I could trust those that make policy, but a lifetime of missteps and utter lies have made the system so one sided that all I can do is look out for me and mine and do the best I can while not working myself to death in the process. But it sometimes hard to let the idiots affect me. But in the last few years, I have had to make some serious internal life priority changes to adapt to the changes in my life, even thought I didn't want to accept it.

As for the chickens... Can't talk about that. I've never worked with Tyson, Cargill, or Perdue, but I will say that the "Chicken Mafia" (the truck drivers who haul live chickens to factory) is not running near as much as they were around Oct/Nov last year. I have no idea why though.
What I was basically trying to say before an ADHD fueled rant was that the story you're being told is what they want to tell you because that's what they're being told. The truth is quite simply it's a short. They've done the same with meat and American farms which is where I was going with "the fed has been in all of US food industry".

To be honest if it was the US admin causing egg shortages it doesn't explain why there is also an egg shortage in the UK / Europe. We don't import american eggs, the supply chains are seperated. It seems like a problem that extends around the world. I don't really understand why the Democrats would want to tank the economy either, it's hardly a popular way to get re-elected.
To put it quite simply, submission and money. I can't speak on before Clinton (wasn't born), but so far it's only been the Obama and Biden admin while Clinton's admin wasn't this bad (probably because Killary wasn't as high up as she is). They cater to those that are the loudest and dumbest, they fuel race wars while claiming they are for the minorities. Then they pass through policy in 4,000+ page bills that only hamper the minorities. They think they are doing them good, so they re-elect. That's why my comment a while back was so important "even his voters are starting to see the truth". Bush wasn't innocent though, he was war chasing to be like his daddy. In any case, look at the care act. It has crippled our health care system even further but billed as a "great thing" for the average American. It does nothing to actually help us in the long run but on paper looked great and thus good for votes. The logistics of tanking an economy is quite simply in this case make Trump look bad, then raise the numbers near mid terms and reelection time to make you look better by saying "we raised this by such and such vote for me". All while big corp gets a TON more money so the admin gets their support too. Popular vote has never been a thing, it's electoral. He who has the most lobbied backing gets the big cheese. For the past century the American government has been against the people all while trying to make us think they are for us. All the declassified documents coming out proving all those "conspiracy theories" true are making a lot wake up and realize this. All the fact checking bullshit has been proven to be fed backed to spread misinformation about politically fueled topics etc. It's actually pretty crazy.
Also you are right, avian flu has been around before, and in 2014/15 when it last happened egg prices rose by 61% "Table-egg laying chickens accounted for a large majority of the lost birds, losing about 12 percent of their flock based upon inventory numbers from April 1, 2015. Egg production declined for about 9 months, with a 10-percent reduction in May-December 2015, relative to a year earlier. Egg prices rose sharply, as May-December 2015 prices soared 61 percent higher than the previous year for the USDA benchmark price in New York. "

This time it's worse as there is high inflation and the cost of pretty much all goods has risen which makes eggs more expensive to produce, on top of the avian flu issue. There are still large supply issues across industry due to Covid fallout and Ukraine war too. So it all seems to make sense, I don't see some grand egg conspiracy.
In 2014 and 2015 I was cooking myself eggs for breakfast almost every morning and had a small toddler I made scrambled eggs for a lot. We didn't suffer an egg cost issue back then. 2014 to 2015 was my transition to starting work at Lockheed and then moving on by myself from my ex so money was tight. I do remember beef product being high and I had to find alternatives but not eggs. We also had the ecoli outbreak during the Obama admin and beef prices didn't raise by 250%.

As far as supply issues go, here in the US we never had a supply issue when it came to our food industry. Hell, in March of 2021 ground beef was 1.85 a pound and in 3 months time rose sharply to over $5 a pound. There was never an incident to justify this outside of forced sharp inflation, or as they blamed it on transportation costs due to gas prices. Well who shut down our pipelines?

I will make an alternative point though, most of our inflation "justification" is blamed on fuel prices and when they rose. If that's the case, it simply proves raising our minimum wage across the board will only move the CoL bar higher because companies will raise prices to maintain profit. The problem is gas prices were ever only super high for about a 6-8 month period. Yet, costs of everything haven't gone back down. Last year fuel prices for my area dropped back down to 2.15 a gallon and then sharply rose after the middterms. When gas was that cheap beef was still over 4 bucks a pound. Yet they say the president doesn't control the gas prices lol. Even further utility costs went up because of higher costs of resources, but my natural gas bill has shown the cost of natural gas was cheaper the past 3 months. It is no coincidence and can't be refuted that specifically this country has gone to shambles because of an admin change. Going through 2 years of fakevid our CoL didn't increase at all in terms of things we don't directly import. The American industry was relatively fine, and things like groceries/fuel/etc were at a relative low. Now all of a sudden shit hits the fan? Come on.

I still find it hilarious that this country is completely ignoring the evidence against Fauci and his bullshit.

As much as I'm following the current topic of conversation, I've been wanting to find out more on something thats been bothering me for a while.

Recently I shut down my Ticktock simply for the the amount of conspiracy crap that was on their, but can I ask.

What do you guys think of CBDC's . Is this a thing or something thats posing any sort of problem in the US or any other country as far as you guys know .

I watched a video of our PM who posted on social media of the introduction of CBDCs to be introduced here in the UK or at least as far as I'm aware here in the GB Isles . If CBDCs are to be introduced here in the GB Isles and are given the green light of being programmable, at what point and I know this sounds almost extreme to the point of paranoia, but at what point do out civil liberty's and freedoms with CBDC programmable impact on our daily lives to the point of people like me being restricted on what I can and can not buy in in the shops and or online. To the point I'm taxed on a personal and individual purchase basis, say read meat for example, say a takeaway or even traveling. Whats to say programmable CBDCs are taken as a super tax and the overall Gov say, because of environmental issues and your impact on carbon footprint, were restricting these things. Red meat, travel, takeaways . For a lot of people, an overall ways of life

I know this is extreme to the point of borderline paranoia, but rite now this is openly being talked about on social media like the tok .

Is any body able to mention or say anything more on this, I'm so out of touch, its unreal . If this topic has all ready been talked about, then my apologizes. I'm just getting back online after a couple of years away and I'm out of touch .

Any input will be appreciated ..

I had to look up what CBDC was. I haven't heard much along the lines of going to any all digital currency, but I wouldn't be in favor of it.

I've heard rumors that Brandon might do the same a while back ago but nothing here in the U.S. as of yet. Using bit coin will allow the govt to track all of your purchases, kinda like credit cards but instead of a bank tracking you, it'll be govt. They will have full control of all your finances and it will be very scary if they do that here in the U.S. A street cam catches you jay walking across the street and you might be paying for a fine that you will not be aware of until you check your "social score". The Chinese Communists Party is doing this today with using a social score to allow you to do certain things (Like ride a train to a different city...ect.)

Spent 2 weeks getting back about 6TB of data lost off and on. Not important stuff, just media. Then this week I've been really diving into recording, multi-tracking, mixing, and mastering. So far I've been tackling it the hands on approach since I know my way around Reaper, but for the mastering part I'm going to take my shot then head onto Youtube university since this world is different than live audio that I'm used to. Took a crappy recording my band made of an original song from 2009 and have tracked every instrument myself so far minus drums. For the vocals I used an AI ripper to take the vocals off the original track then heavily processed it since the original track clips hard (we didn't know what we were doing). Not autotune, but compressors, FFIT, EQ, etc. It's coming out pretty decent so far. Been a trip shaking massive rust off my guitar playing, but I'm just glad I got my music mojo back.

Back
Top Bottom