Random Chit Chat

I have been looking at some of the weather channels and looks like we will be getting into more and more rain in our area. First batch is Monday. Everything else is depends on how fast the storms move in. Gonna be interesting over the next few weeks here in Texas

Many may not realize where you live, SG. Saudi Arabia is not known for a lot of rainfall, so you guys are definitely not prepared for that much at one time. Higher ground is a huge plus. Where I live it would have to pour for weeks for me to worry about flooding, but we get plenty of rain year-round.

Stay safe, my friend.
From the stereotypical point of view, that's correct and it does happen to fit our discussion here. Every single time we get heavy rains where I live, things go crazy at least for a day around here. Those single times aren't common, mind you. This year somehow it got closer to be called common as I described in my last post.

As for the unfamiliar, Saudi Arabia does have some parts that get rains more frequently as well as low temps. Some parts even get snow. Weird, huh!

As for the unfamiliar, Saudi Arabia does have some parts that get rains more frequently as well as low temps. Some parts even get snow. Weird, huh!
Not to me. SA has two coastlines as well as mountains; not all of it is desert. The terrain is not as diverse as the US but does have several kinds of climes.

YEA.... next week is gonna be a bitch to drive in... been watchin' this one unfold last couple of days.

Anywho... Everyone stay safe and have a good new year... Let's make our little circles of influence a better place in 2023.

Thats the trouble with forecasting the weather. it can change in a 24 hour period. There are several other fronts heading our way. We will have to wait and see. I already plan for the worst and am glad when its not as bad as they were calling for. Kinda like have to wait and see if my readings are what is close to what National Weather Service is forecasting. Depending which weather station is doing the forecasting, we could get hammered and others like you said will be showing east of us.

Thats the trouble with forecasting the weather. it can change in a 24 hour period. There are several other fronts heading our way. We will have to wait and see. I already plan for the worst and am glad when its not as bad as they were calling for. Kinda like have to wait and see if my readings are what is close to what National Weather Service is forecasting. Depending which weather station is doing the forecasting, we could get hammered and others like you said will be showing east of us.
We're on the edge of the severe circle, and I trust those more than the actual forecast itself when it comes from storm chasers. I'm off either way, so the DSLR is charged and ready to go just in case we do get some bumpies. Last time I was in office and missed 3 tornadoes over here.

Back
Top Bottom