Random Chit Chat

Just wanted to say Happy Holiday to everyone, no matter what you celebrate, and may your new year be prosperous and uneventful!
Same here. I wish everyone a happy Christmas. My family is coming over to our house for Christmas so hopefully we will have a good day.

Just finished Christmas with the family. Went off smoothly despite the morning I had. Wife got drunk off a whole bottle of wine so I had to drive her vehicle home in boots which isn't fun. Got a bag of grill accessories. Merry Christmas everybody!

Lol I definitely would not have kept the peace, had the mom confront her about the lie, and more importantly ask for the money up front. I've gotten to the point that there's only 1 or 2 people I will do something for without asking up front. Family or extended family, no, and most friends definitely no. Venmo me first or I'm not moving. Especially if I knew said person made more money than me, generally lies, barely spent any money compared to what I spent, and defined how much they wanted to spend. I remember some of the complaints you've made about your sister before and I woulda blown the whole thing up over 30 measly bucks.
So far my Christmas Eve has gone like this. Overslept, woke up and realized my work phone went off 16 times and did not make a noise (thanks fucking Android), and my step daughter came home smelling like pot.

I would have kicked off more, but my mom is a super sensitive person and it would ruin Christmas for her if me and my sister had a big argument. She is the kind of person that hates arguing, so if it's not something major, she would rather let it slide and just internally be disappointed but keep it to herself and keep smiling.

Anyway i've had a good Christmas since then, had a good time. Good food and good gifts, nice to see all my family even if my sis is a pain in the ass. Later that evening after refusing to give me $30 she was specing out her new $10,000 kitchen she's ordering in the new year.. man I had to bite my lip so hard. lol.

Got a couple of hours of sleep then work phone went off at 6. Some servers went down, yay me.

RIP. I did bi-weekly on call when I worked at Motorola, and I honestly hated it. I didn't think i'd mind and i'd just appreciate the extra money. But when it's 3am and your work phone rings, no amount of money short of a million bucks seems worth it.

Glad everyone here seems to have had a good Christmas anyway.

I would have kicked off more, but my mom is a super sensitive person and it would ruin Christmas for her if me and my sister had a big argument. She is the kind of person that hates arguing, so if it's not something major, she would rather let it slide and just internally be disappointed but keep it to herself and keep smiling.

Anyway i've had a good Christmas since then, had a good time. Good food and good gifts, nice to see all my family even if my sis is a pain in the ass. Later that evening after refusing to give me $30 she was specing out her new $10,000 kitchen she's ordering in the new year.. man I had to bite my lip so hard. lol.
Yea nah, I definitely would have made a fit no doubt. Especially if my sister was always that way, mom be damned shit would hit the fan. Then again if she was spouting off how she was about to drop 10k in a new kitchen it'd happen all over again starting by mentioning how big of a narcissistic hypocrite she was lol. The older I get the worse I get when it comes to calling people close to me out. Honestly my mind set right there would be, if mom wasn't the way she was maybe my sister wouldn't be the way she is so I wouldn't hold back. I'd be like we're all adults here, here's the deal.

The worst I have to deal with my sister is how incredibly jealous she is of any success around her because her (and my mom) know they have held themselves back their whole lives. She's gotta be the biggest "one upper" around, but in the opposite direction because she's such a woe is me pity me person. They inherited 500k in 2011 and 2 free houses. They blew it all on BS, got a 40k single wide home, lost that and the land, destroyed the vehicles they wasted money on, and are stuck in a house in the ghetto that's falling apart with no heat, AC, or decent electric. They also sold my truck I was rebuilding and my dad's 67 Mustang to a scrapper for less than 500 total. Meanwhile in 2017 when I bought my house I went over there to tell the news and bring my mom back so she could see it. My sister? Immediately said "must be nice". For instance a couple weeks ago she hit a small dog in her brand new car for this year (mind you she quit her job in like 2012 for no reason outside of laziness) and the whole time during Christmas was complaining about how she totaled her car in an accident. It's literally just the plastic busted out of the front fascia where a fog light would normally go. Claiming all the while her "check engine light is on because of a sensor". I bet you're making the same face I made of holding X for doubt. To make matters worse? Was acting like her back hurt so bad she had her husband help her walk everywhere she went. Like bruh, I'm not the insurance adjuster, and I'm not the other person in the accident. Miss me with that BS. They basically forced my mom into an early retirement living off SS because they made her work to cover bills, but at the same time she's the dumbass that refused to come live at my house to have a better life. Why? "Your sister needs help with your niece". Uh, and I didn't need help with my son when I was raising him by myself for a few years? K. She also had no option to make more money than deal with ghetto people at a Dollar General because my sister and BiL refused to drive her anywhere outside of a few blocks from the house. Her vision is too bad to drive so she was stuck making like 10 an hour at 60-64 years old. I could go on and on. So yea, when it comes to family I don't hold back at all. I had to tell my family this year to not smother the baby and keep their distance because in the 2 times they watched him when he was like 4 months old they managed to make him hate them. The most recent time they saw him was his birthday in October and he was crying and pissy the whole time because they wouldn't stay away from him and take the social queue. Even at their distance if he noticed them looking at him or try to touch him he'd scream. If I find out they hurt the child it'd be the second time I disowned my immediate family and it'd be the last.

RIP. I did bi-weekly on call when I worked at Motorola, and I honestly hated it. I didn't think i'd mind and i'd just appreciate the extra money. But when it's 3am and your work phone rings, no amount of money short of a million bucks seems worth it.
Ha it got worse, it was an entire environment that went down and I basically just had to stay up the whole day. Then a few hours later our entire Austin division went down. I don't really mind it for the time being. Now that we have a full team it'll be once every month and a half, with the schedule being 2-midnight where basically all I gotta do is make sure systems stay up and take care of after hour deployments. On top of that it's full remote for the week, the following Monday off, and I use it as a time to have me time for a week straight sleeping in the game room. My wife and I have had our differences and disagreements when it comes to how we raise the baby in terms of feedings, handling midnight wakings, etc. So he still wakes up 1-2 times a night which makes it difficult for me to get any sleep. I catch up on sleep, games, media, server work, or anything else while having the house to myself most of the day. I also get to stay up way later so I have uninterrupted time to do things with nobody bothering me. When doing tech stuff sometimes that is invaluable. I will say that sometimes I do feel like I get the worst weeks. To the point that the rest of the team feels bad for me the following week because I had so much shit to do or so many things went down. I just deal with it.

Are you guys okay in USA?

I heard some shocking news about a harsh cold wave around the country that involved fatalities.

Dunno about the details and I know it's a big country. Someone at work told me about it and had to have his trip to USA canceled due to flights cancellation.

Stay safe.

The northern states, mid-west, and New England got hit pretty hard. I have family in VT and NH, and only as of yesterday did they get power back. Running on generators for a few days kept them warm at least. I live in Virginia Beach and it was 28F (-2C) this morning but I never lost power and only had some nasty wind gusts and a little rain.

Back
Top Bottom