How can I increase my email open-rate?

AlexSanders

Beta member
Hi Everyone,

I've been focusing a lot on my brand's email marketing campaigns because I believe there's a lot of untapped potential there which can lead to more business for my brand. Can somebody share some tips to promote my services/product through email marketing.

Hi Alex!

Firstly great idea, emails are a good way to reach out to customers or prospects.

It would probably help to know a bit more about your email audience and campaign to suggest some ideas. Either way here's some fairly generic things to look at.

1. If you want to improve CTRs on your email, change and test your subject lines.
2. Ensure your email is readable. If you're sending a B2B email to people with Outlook 98, likely the HTML or pretty email design you're sending them isn't going to load perfectly, so just remember favoring function over feature is going to be better in some circumstances.
3. You can send more than one email, so use it to build trust, tell a story and add value before driving them towards a conversion action.
4. utilize your tools, Mailchimp & other tools that allow for personalization, scheduling, and segmenting so you can get creepily personal with your emails.

Good luck!

I suggest taking a look through hubspot's blog post about spam words for Google's spam filters (assuming that most of your prospects are using Gmail, which is highly likely). I'm using my phone rn so can't really link it but it should be easy to find!

Another bit would be subject personalization. Mention their name/company name on the subject–that should significantly increase your open rate.

Although spam filters have advanced over the past few years, they are still far from ideal. Your emails, even the nicest ones, may nonetheless end up in the dreaded spam folder and never leave.

Think carefully about the time and day you send your emails out because timing can have a significant impact on whether or not your subscribers open them.

There are several ways you can increase your email open-rate:

1. Write a compelling subject line that clearly communicates the value of the email to the recipient.
  2. Use a recognizable sender name and address.
  3. Segment your email list and send targeted messages to different groups of recipients.
  4. Test different times of day and days of the week to find the best send time for your audience.
  5. Personalize the email as much as possible, using the recipient's name and other information you have about them.
  6. Provide value in your email, such as information, education, or special offers.
  7. Test and optimize your email design, including the layout, images, and calls to action.
  8. Keep the email simple and brief, focusing on one main message or call to action.
  9. Remove inactive subscribers and keep the list clean, to improve deliverability
  10. A/B Test different versions of the email with different subject lines, content, calls to action and send time to find the best performing one
It is important to note, that no single factor will guarantee high open rates, but instead a combination of these best practices should be employed.

Hi Everyone,

I've been focusing a lot on my brand's email marketing campaigns because I believe there's a lot of untapped potential there which can lead to more business for my brand. Can somebody share some tips to promote my services/product through email marketing.
Email marketing can be a powerful tool for promoting your services or products. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your email marketing campaigns:
  1. Segment your email list: Divide your email list into smaller groups based on demographics, behavior, or past purchases. This will allow you to send more targeted and relevant messages to each group.
  2. Personalize your emails: Use the recipient's name in the subject line and body of the email. This can increase the open and click-through rates of your emails.
  3. Use an attention-grabbing subject line: Your subject line is the first thing that recipients will see, so make sure it's compelling and relevant to the content of the email.
  4. Optimize for mobile: Make sure your emails are optimized for mobile devices as more and more people are reading their emails on their smartphones.
  5. Use a clear call to action: Include a clear call to action in your emails, such as "Buy now," "Learn more," or "Sign up."
  6. Test, Test, Test: Test different elements of your emails such as subject lines, email design, personalization, etc. to see what works best for your audience.
  7. Track and analyze your results: Use tools to track the performance of your emails, such as open and click-through rates, and use this data to improve future campaigns.
  8. Timing is also important: Schedule your emails at a time when your audience is most likely to check their inbox.
Remember to comply with laws and regulations such as GDPR,CAN-SPAM, etc. and always give your audience the option to unsubscribe in each email.

Back
Top Bottom