Kindly help with VPN related quesrions

KINDLYhelp

Beta member
Hello Kind Peeple, need some kindness with a few questions and different scenarios:

1) been working from home, the corporate IT has installed McAfee End Point Security that blocks a few things. I am fine with it mostly. But want to know:
A) I noticed the Incognito mode of Google Chrome doesn't have that McAfee extension, so I am just going to use the incognito mode mostly.
B) if at home using my home wifi, I use a Chrome extension for my VPN (not for the entire laptop but just a chrome extension for the VPN for the browser only) would McAfee end point know or would my employer know? I am using my own internet and not using VPN on the entire laptop so I believe just using the Chrome Extension for VPN should be okay? Thoughts?

2) Now I am talking about my personal laptop. So nothing controlled or installed by work IT here. Totally my own machine and internet. So I want to use the same VPN Chrome extension here but also install another VPN on the laptop as in on the windows. Would that make it even safer for my browsing? As in if I am using that browser and through it the first VPN through Google Chrome extension and since that browser is installed on the laptop and then the laptop windows has second VPN installed and all internet or browser goes through it again, is that a safer and better way?

Or can you kindly suggest a better way for both the points.
I WILL BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL TO YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS.

please and thank you!

2) Now I am talking about my personal laptop. So nothing controlled or installed by work IT here. Totally my own machine and internet. So I want to use the same VPN Chrome extension here but also install another VPN on the laptop as in on the windows. Would that make it even safer for my browsing? As in if I am using that browser and through it the first VPN through Google Chrome extension and since that browser is installed on the laptop and then the laptop windows has second VPN installed and all internet or browser goes through it again, is that a safer and better way?

Or can you kindly suggest a better way for both the points.
I WILL BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL TO YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS.

please and thank you!

I'll try my best to answer this point of what you have asked overall if I am understanding you correctly.

Using encryption on your Chrome Browser as in the extension, this should be on the proxy side of things. Proxys and VPNs to the avarege user are pretty much the same but their is differences.

Proxys as in Google Chromes extension is application specific. It needs certain information to function such as port numbers, username, password ect:

VPNs are more system wide. Firing up your VPN should cover the full system as in all incoming and all outgoing information. For example I use linux and having this intergrated in to my network manager I fire up the network manager to get online and thus enabled on startup all information passes threw the tunnel of the VPN. Its actually quite a complicated series of logical actions that take place but all in all if set up properly and no leaks then all information should be encrypted to the encryption type used.

Now, using a proxy within a VPN tunnel, yeas this makes its a lot safer but bairing in mind you will need to do reserch on this to make sure you can guarentee their is no leaks.

I'll give you an example wich is torrenting. Torrenting will expose your IP address, now torrenting software such as qbit torrent will have built in encryption methords what can be used. You'll ell the software you VPN provider, encryption type such as SOCKS5, port and username and password.

What you'll need to do is fire up the VPN THEN fire up the browser, once that first tunnel is established and then the second you should be fine. Just check for the the likes of DNS leaks, RTC leaks and IP Address leaks.

Hope that helps a bit.

Well, I'm glad that we don't have to use McAfee products on personal laptops. I think the problem in your question is that you're putting the words Google and safe in the same sentence. I would recommend you to switch your browser to Mozilla before buying any VPN. Or if you like chrome design you can download Chromium instead.

If you don't know what VPN you really need you can read a special guide made by guys from PinpointVPN that describes the best VPNs in detail. And yeah, if you want to protect your internet browsing you should try to remove google/facebook related apps from your laptop.

Last edited:
With Mozilla Firefox you can also use an add on called Facebook Container
Facebook Container is a Firefox extension that helps you set boundaries with Facebook. This add-on creates a boundary between Facebook sites (including Instagram and Messenger) and the rest of the web to limit where Facebook can track you.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/facebook-container-prevent-facebook-tracking
I can not say how effective it is.

Google is an Advertising Company. Amongst many other things, like Ring Door Bells. They (Google owned Ring) do have contracts with various Police Forces in many cities here in the U.S. and they may or may not need to ask you for access to your doorbell cam. It is Google's Business Model is to know what you do, where you go and what your buying.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...h-police-forces-extending-surveillance-reach/

well... o.k. I had to leave and I did not make the time to check that out yet, but Amazon is not that much better than Google when it comes to privacy

well... o.k. I had to leave and I did not make the time to check that out yet, but Amazon is not that much better than Google when it comes to privacy
Definitely not, and those two points are why I literally left mine at my old house for the people who bought it.

While reading, I've seen the words "install another VPN" way too many times. I think that is senseless and will only cause you too much money and trouble. You can just buy a VP server, and the problems will be gone. I did get one from Soax. Now I can attach the VPMN from my work on the computer. And if it used to crash because of incompatibility, now I don't have such problems. Also, keep in mind that not all VPNs work the same or are secure. Some don't even have a sense and are only sold for monetary gain. Choose your VPN and wifi properly.

Or you can try one of the VPN products like CometVPN, you won't have to pay much and you won't have any of the problems you are experiencing. Everything is very simple, the most important thing is to know which product you choose because I had to try a lot of them, but only this one worked.

Back
Top Bottom