Lenovo ideacentre 710-25ISH

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
I have a Lenovo ideacentre 710-25ISH PC I use at church for live streaming.

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo_Desktops/ideacentre_710/ideacentre_710_Spec.PDF

It has a Nvidia GeForce GT-730 graphics card. Not sure of the brand but it only has a single VGA and HDMI output.

One output of the video card goes to the main 32" monitor and the other output feeds the nursery TV.

I want to add a second monitor so I can have Facebook up on it to view the stream and comments so that OBS can be full screen on the 32" monitor.

Would it cost less to get a PCI-E 1X video card or a GT-730 with three outputs?

EDIT:

Just realized I have a USB 3.0 HDMI adapter. Would that work as another display?

EDIT:

Just tried the adapter and it works fine.

Last edited:
I just bought a solid state drive for it as the drive in there is a hybrid hard drive and solid state drive and the solid state drive will be much faster.

Question though.

I took both drives home and cloned the original drive to the new drive using MiniTool Partition wizard.

The new drive looks exactly like the original drive according to the data in partition wizard.

Is there anything I need to do so that it boots from the new drive or because I cloned it will it be plug and play? Original drive will not be connected at all..

In theory your cloned drive should just work. I have used Minitool Partition wizard in the past and not had a lot of luck with it. I use Macrium Reflect or Aomi Backupper.

I use Macrium Reflect too. Sometimes when I'm working on some one else's pc (especially a business pc) I'll automatically make a clone onto a spare drive that I have here as a back up first in case something horrible happens. Macrium Reflect is a good software for making clones.

Last edited:
I figured it would work, but I had to make sure.

Either way I still have the original hard drive I can put back in for the Sunday service in the event the cloned drive doesn't work right.

What Nvidia video card would be a good upgrade over the stock card?

Needs to have three outputs (think all three can be HDMI, but will check Sunday to be sure) so that I don't need the USB to HDMI adapter.

It doesn't need to be the latest and greatest. Just something that will do well for live streaming at 720P 30

I forgot to add that it needs to support NVENC as well.

Also that card is older than the PC.

Would prefer something a little more modern if possible.

Back
Top Bottom