Window HDD file type changed form NTFS to Raw

khit001

Beta member
Hi Everyone,

I have some problem with my computer`s window-7 hard drive.

My electric is suddenly shut-off while using window. After I got turn on my computer, I am facing "Missing operation System" with the black screen.

So, I am take-off my HDD and connect with the another motherboard that was window-10 go on.

In this Window-10 computer, window-7 HDD formate was changed Raw Type from NTFS.

Thus, How do I Recovery or change formate from Raw to NTFS without lossing Data. Please.

That drive may or may not be trashed. I hope you made regular backups of your data?
There are many options you can try and I hope others will chime in here with what works for them also. You can try to down load a bootable disk called Ultimate boot Disk and try Parted Magic to see if you can access your drive to recover your data first before you attempt any repairs on it. There are also several drive diagnostic options available on the UBD boot disk too. You'll need to use another pc to download and burn a bootable disk though
https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
you may or may not need to access your bios to make the dvd/cd drive your first boot device. UBD is also available to use with a usb drive too but I have no idea how old your pc is and whether or not it can boot to a usb device.

It is possible that the MBR has been damaged. If you have your Win7 install disk (not the system copy disk but an actual Windows install disk) it might be possible to have it rebuild the MBR.

@khit001
This talk about the power suddenly disappearing or shutting down does absolutely nothing to your or anyone else's computer, and it also does nothing to the hard drive.
The reason must be something else. But as far as the data is concerned, it is quite likely that they are still there and generally without damage. A completely different question is whether this HDD can somehow be started in such a way that something can be read from it. Namely, it can have mechanical damage, and then it is difficult to do anything with simple methods.
I agree with this, that the BIOS could have been damaged, but it is not possible to guess anything more precisely.
The first thing should be to check that the computer itself starts, that is, remove all peripherals, including all hard drives, and then boot and enter the BIOS, restore the BIOS to factory settings, and only then can you start to investigate something else.

That drive may or may not be trashed. I hope you made regular backups of your data?
There are many options you can try and I hope others will chime in here with what works for them also. You can try to down load a bootable disk called Ultimate boot Disk and try Parted Magic to see if you can access your drive to recover your data first before you attempt any repairs on it. There are also several drive diagnostic options available on the UBD boot disk too. You'll need to use another pc to download and burn a bootable disk though
https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
you may or may not need to access your bios to make the dvd/cd drive your first boot device. UBD is also available to use with a usb drive too but I have no idea how old your pc is and whether or not it can boot to a usb device.
Yeap thank Joe. I will try your advices.

Back
Top Bottom