Spilled water on new MacBook

bounceellie40

Solid State Member
Hey, guys, Recently I spilled water on my new MacBook Air. I brought it to computer fixers, after 1 week I see that a few keyboard letters aren't working properly. Can I fix it by myself or should I bring it to fixers again?

Since it is a MacBook Air I would take it to a shop. A different brand of laptop would be a different story but Apple makes their stuff hard to work on.

Hey, guys, Recently I spilled water on my new MacBook Air. I brought it to computer fixers, after 1 week I see that a few keyboard letters aren't working properly. Can I fix it by myself or should I bring it to fixers again?
Just for the future, when you spill water on any electronic device, turn it off and let it dry. Also even if it looks dry on the outside that doesnt mean its dry on the inside so be patient.

Thank you for your replies. I took my computer to the repair shop and they fixed everything for me quickly ?
I'm glad that you've saved your laptop! It happened to me as well and I almost got a heart attack when I spilt a full glass of wine on my Asus laptop before I realized it has a waterproof keyboard. I was amazed that my 250$ laptop had that feature. However, if you want to protect it from similar damages, my gf is using a mac air m1 and she's got one of these silicone keyboard covers that do the job well.

Back
Top Bottom