Windows 11

People say bugs this and bugs that but really the majority of folks that run into bugs are businesses with a ton of GPO. Windows 11 current issues outside of UI personal preference is mainly regardly the scheduler and application compatibility. I've been running W10 since 2015 (1511) and only had 2 instances where things got real broke like that bug that kept the start menu from working. As an avid retro person who loves to tinker with 98 to Vista and somebody who hung onto XP for dear life I gotta say hanging back this time is just rather ignorant. The conveniences and upgrades in 10 over 7 really show how old that OS is. I mean 7 is over a decade old, and 10 itself is 6 years old. Skipping 8 and 8.1, totally understandable, and waiting for 10 to be flushed out also understandable. These days, it's a solid OS that you can literally strip down of all the BS and run perfectly fine.

On that note, found a way to get my unstacked and labeled tasks back on the taskbar in 11. Literally just a single DLL file, cool. I'll be waiting for at least the next major update in the spring/summer and a tool to remove features like with 10 then moving to it on my main rig.
https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher

I'm going to pass on the Windows 11 update until all the flaws are corrected.
I'm going to pass until they make windows 11 able to run on older PCs that have the necessary RAM and processor power to run it.

Doesn't Microsoft know hackers and people who write viri have already found a way around any security measure one can think of?

This is little more than Microsoft forcing people to get new computers. Wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft and computer manufacturers are in bed with each other.

Think of all the e-waste that's gonna be created with the majority of it ending up in landfills.

So much for windows 10 being the last windows version.

@ikonix360
You said "I'm going to pass until they make windows 11 able to run on older PCs" - that time will never come and making such restrictions is the only right step to be able to develop anything at all. To be honest, there should be much more of these restrictions and there should be separate versions of Windows for different computer types, i.e. it is not normal to have the same package for a powerful desktop, laptop and tablet.
For example, Apple has been making newer versions for a long time that cannot be installed on old computers and no one complains.
At the same time Apple computers are about 4 times expensive than what ever other computers, but still anyone who wants newer system must buy new computer. Thatäs it.
Moreover, Windows 11 is not mandatory for anyone and it is not forced on anyone yet. You're free to use Windows 10 as long as your unique computer breaks down on its own or gets a place in a museum.

The point was why should a PC be obsoleted by a new OS when it runs just fine on the current OS. Mine are 11 years old but run great on Windows 10.

What about PCs that are much newer and more powerful than mine but can't run windows 11 because they don't meet all the requirements?

Same with newer gaming PCs that some have put thousands into. If they lack one thing windows 11 requires then unless there's a work around that's money thrown down the drain.

Microsoft just wants people to buy new PCs.

They have been in the hardware obsoletion business since day one.

They have been in the hardware obsoletion business since day one.
You have a valid point, but that does not mean you can still can't use vintage pc's. For security on line it would not be advisable but other than that, older pc's run great for older software! I have an older XP laptop that I use for playing MP3's and what not connected to my early 80's stereo in my garage. Of course I disabled all network and internet access because with XP I do not need that option. XP is still a very good O.S. for running audio on a garage sound system!

I'm going to pass until they make windows 11 able to run on older PCs that have the necessary RAM and processor power to run it.

Doesn't Microsoft know hackers and people who write viri have already found a way around any security measure one can think of?

This is little more than Microsoft forcing people to get new computers. Wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft and computer manufacturers are in bed with each other.

Think of all the e-waste that's gonna be created with the majority of it ending up in landfills.

So much for windows 10 being the last windows version.
I agree 100%! I dont think it's fair for customers to be forced to upgrade over a security vulnerability, especially if you haven't had a chance to enjoy the Windows version you have. They force upgrades too quickly and its all about the money, not customer satisfaction. It really stinks!

Of course if Microsoft actually knew how to write a proper OS there wouldn't be as many security vulnerabilities.

Also i bet windows 11 still collects info and sends it to them like 10 does.

Well I got some money in January 2023 and really needed to build a gaming PC so I did and now run Windows 11.

Support for W10 doesn't end until October 2025 so I still have a little over two years to use my Windows 10 PCs.

You can continue running an OS well beyond when it's "supported". When Microsoft drops support it just means they aren't releasing any feature updates or security patches for it. Most of which doesn't pertain to the general public.

Back
Top Bottom