Potentially the longest thread in history...

Some real hot weather incoming for the UK. It's possible by middle of next week we'll have hit 105f. Nothing too out of the ordinary for some of you guys in the hot US states, but for here it'll be record breaking. Nobody really has AC and our houses are all designed to stay warm for cold winters, so it'll be awful.

Some real hot weather incoming for the UK. It's possible by middle of next week we'll have hit 105f. Nothing too out of the ordinary for some of you guys in the hot US states, but for here it'll be record breaking. Nobody really has AC and our houses are all designed to stay warm for cold winters, so it'll be awful.
Its never hot in my area accept on rare ocasions when the heat index reaches 100 Degrees. In my area the temps stay between 70 and 80 degrees in the summer. It is brutelly cold in the Winter! I'm talkng below zero temps! Brrrr!

Hate to hear it, bud. Keep cool as best you can. I can't imagine life without central heat and air.
Its never hot in my area accept on rare ocasions when the heat index reaches 100 Degrees. In my area the temps stay between 70 and 80 degrees in the summer. It is brutelly cold in the Winter! I'm talkng below zero temps! Brrrr!
We hit 90's and cross the 100 threshold here quite often with the humidity running 80-100%, but such is the South. I live just above the Tennessee-Georgia line in SE Tennessee.

It was 105F here yesterday but humidity only hit 40% so not too bad. Still glad my house and cars have AC!
My husband always complains about the humidity but its never that hot in my house. My house stays cool throughout the entire day. That night air lingers and I think it feels like winter all day! I think its warmer outside than in the house. Its not even close to 90 degrees here. My husband is employed and does rough physical labor so that explains why he might always feel hot when he completes his work shift. I guess he needs time to cool off after work.

Hate to hear it, bud. Keep cool as best you can. I can't imagine life without central heat and air.

We hit 90's and cross the 100 threshold here quite often with the humidity running 80-100%, but such is the South. I live just above the Tennessee-Georgia line in SE Tennessee.
I enjoy hot weather. I could live easily in your area Trotter. Its better than the freezing temps in the winter here. Its summer time here and its very chilly at night and thats unusual for summer nights to feel like winter. I hate that.

Didn't you have an AC for you room at some point? Sounds like a good time to have it.
My husband always complains about the humidity but its never that hot in my house. My house stays cool throughout the entire day. That night air lingers and I think it feels like winter all day! I think its warmer outside than in the house. Its not even close to 90 degrees here. My husband is employed and does rough physical labor so that explains why he might always feel hot when he completes his work shift. I guess he needs time to cool off after work.
Some people are warm natured and some cold natured. I start sweating at like 72f. During Texas summers I can almost never do anything outside.

If your place is well insulated for winter then that will work for keeping the heat out too. If you can, it would be good to open up the windows at night to get as much cool air inside as you can. In the morning seal up the house and that should help to keep the cooler air in the house during the day. with a little luck you might be able to do this until the evening and open the house back up

Didn't you have an AC for you room at some point? Sounds like a good time to have it.

Some people are warm natured and some cold natured. I start sweating at like 72f. During Texas summers I can almost never do anything outside.
I'm the oposite. I have problems staying warm and when I am finnally warmed up. I absalutely love the outdoor activities. I enjoy nature, especially viewing cute adorable bunnies. My favorite animal.:love:

Yup still got it. It does help but it's not powerful enough. My room is still well in excess of 30c right now even with it running at full power for the past 20+ hours. But without it it would be 40c+ easily, it's normally 5c above outside temp in my right. It's 39c right now so it'd be around 44c without the AC.

I'm with you on the cool natured thing. I can't stand anything above mid 20's really for more than a few minutes. I'm always the one guy on vacation to stay in the shade while everyone else is sunbathing, I really hate hot direct sun exposure.

If your place is well insulated for winter then that will work for keeping the heat out too. If you can, it would be good to open up the windows at night to get as much cool air inside as you can. In the morning seal up the house and that should help to keep the cooler air in the house during the day. with a little luck you might be able to do this until the evening and open the house back up

It isn't that's the problem. It's a 150 year old house that had an illegal loft conversion done that has zero insulation in the roof, and the roof is black tiles. I can hold my hand up to the ceiling and feel a tonne of heat radiating into my room. Newer houses are pretty well insulated, though people still seem to be struggling to keep them cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom