Slightly slow startup after the Windows 10 cumulative update for 21h2 systems.

ArjunMane

Solid State Member
Which of these updates is responsible for my slow startup after the update?
Is it the one i highlighted, is it safe to uninstall it?
Before the startup was instant now it takes a couple of seconds. (less than 10 secs)
1654499955385.png

What does "slow startup" mean and how did you measured it
which computer do you have and what CPU, GPU, RAM, hard drive, etc. are you using there
when was the last clean installation done and how do you maintain your computer on a daily/regular basis?
It should be added that none of the updates that have come in the last two or three months have slowed down the computer, but have visibly improved/accelerated it.
And this applies to all versions of the OS currently in use, also to Win 11.
So you should look for a solution in your system and let it be added that all the latest updates are very important to improve the performance of your computer. therefore, none of them should be abandoned.

I would be very very surprised if your computer ever booted up "instantly." Even if you have set quick boot it will still take a short while to load everything, especially Windows. As said, over time junk accumulates on your computer. Even deleted files are not fully deleted until the part of the hard drive that contained those files is overwritten. When a file is deleted only the header is deleted, that is the part of the file that tells Windows, or any other operating system, that that file is no longer in use and so should not be booted. Computers though are pretty stupid animals. The 1s and 0s that originally made up that file are still there, until overwritten, and your computer still has to check those redundant 1s and 0s. This stuff builds up and the only way to clean a hard drive completely is to perform a clean installation, as one of the things that kalju has asked you about.

What does "slow startup" mean and how did you measured it
which computer do you have and what CPU, GPU, RAM, hard drive, etc. are you using there
when was the last clean installation done and how do you maintain your computer on a daily/regular basis?
It should be added that none of the updates that have come in the last two or three months have slowed down the computer, but have visibly improved/accelerated it.
And this applies to all versions of the OS currently in use, also to Win 11.
So you should look for a solution in your system and let it be added that all the latest updates are very important to improve the performance of your computer. therefore, none of them should be abandoned.
My laptop is not even year old probably 10 months now.
Apologies for not listing system info, here it is now
-Windows 10 home version 21h2
-AMD ryzen 3 5300u with radeon graphics
-Installed ram 8GB
-Total physical memory 7.33GB
-512GB NvMe M.2 SSD
like I said just a couple months back my laptop would boot up instantly it still does, but after I put in my pin, I noticed it took time as it usually took around (1-5 secs) BUT
now after i put my pin in it takes less time but it is noticeable. (5-10 secs)
Also I tried seeing my startup programs, they are all disabled all the time.

I may be delusional here, please let me know if I should not worry about it, if its normal!

I would be very very surprised if your computer ever booted up "instantly." Even if you have set quick boot it will still take a short while to load everything, especially Windows. As said, over time junk accumulates on your computer. Even deleted files are not fully deleted until the part of the hard drive that contained those files is overwritten. When a file is deleted only the header is deleted, that is the part of the file that tells Windows, or any other operating system, that that file is no longer in use and so should not be booted. Computers though are pretty stupid animals. The 1s and 0s that originally made up that file are still there, until overwritten, and your computer still has to check those redundant 1s and 0s. This stuff builds up and the only way to clean a hard drive completely is to perform a clean installation, as one of the things that kalju has asked you about.
My laptop is not even year old probably 10 months now.
Apologies for not listing system info, here it is now
-Windows 10 home version 21h2
-AMD ryzen 3 5300u with radeon graphics
-Installed ram 8GB
-Total physical memory 7.33GB
-512GB NvMe M.2 SSD
like I said just a couple months back my laptop would boot up instantly it still does, but after I put in my pin, I noticed it took time as it usually took around (1-5 secs) BUT
now after i put my pin in it takes less time but it is noticeable. (5-10 secs)
Also I tried seeing my startup programs, they are all disabled all the time.

I may be delusional here, please let me know if I should not worry about it, if its normal!
If you don't mind please look for an another serious problem i have with my laptop if you could help!
https://www.techist.com/forums/threads/audio-only-when-earphones-plugged-in-laptop.405206/

If you say 5-10 seconds, it's definitely not slow, but I don't think so because it's not possible.
What is your meaning of "startup time or start time" and how do you usually measure it? Do you have some program for that and if then which? If you said it was 25 seconds, it would be plausible, but not slow either. If you have NVMe m.2, more than a minute would be weird and too much.
You said "Also I tried seeing my startup programs, they are all disabled all the time." - it's impossible.
I don't think there's anything wrong or bad with your system.
But the other problem you mentioned has nothing to do with it here, ie with booting time or with startup time...
PS. But if you really only have a 10 month old computer, it would be wise to contact a warranty technician because you have still a warranty period.

Back
Top Bottom